Any problems with the wiring on your swap?

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
ok, I've been using the wiring diagrams on Rick's Site (www.1jz-gte.us ) and I was wondering if anyone has found out any issues with the wiring stated in the diagrams on his connector mappings? I've got an 87 turbo so I'm using those connector mappings, but now that I've got everything all plugged up, my damn car won't start. I've got power to the starter and my ignition relay is clicking, but it won't turn over....I don't think the starter signal wire is getting a...well...signal....

I am not trying to instantly blame the diagrams, don't get me wrong. Hell, it's most likely something I did wrong, which I intend to go back over this weekend, but I had some time on myhands and I wanted to just throw this out there to see if anyone else had any big wiring issues with thier swap....

are there any unmentioned steps that I may have forgotten?

also, I seem to have a lot of left over connectors under the fuse box after wiring in the JZA70 connector near the fuse box...is this normal?

and yeah...I searched...lol

joey_daze

KILL UR CORPORATE MASTERS
Apr 6, 2005
Tung Chung, Hong Kong
Have you thought that it could be a bad starter? It sounds like you have everything wired up correctly. If you hear clicking from the starter relay, then there is no issues with the wiring. Then again it could be user error. I used the same site for my wiring and I have no issues.

Joey

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
yes i think there was 1 wire that showed in 19 but it is in 22 for my car for some reason on the body side.

also they forgot if you had an automatic 87 supra you have to splice 3 wires together or it wont start.

the autos had NSW so you have to not only splice the white/black thick wire to the white/black wire but you need to add another wire to that splice (blue/black thick wire) nough said have at it & start it!

Alsoi hope you did not extend the harness and just simply pulled the wires through a enlarged speedo hole to mount your ecu in the dash.