Any one know of a place in the Chicago IL area that dose good work and tunes on MK3's

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
I'm still kinda new to the forum and also the Chicago IL area.
So I don't really know where to start with this Supra project of mine.
Just looking for a little direction. I'm looking to drop 3k into this project so I'm a little lost.
:aigo:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Sound Performance has an in-house dyno, a great shop, nice people. I've been there a few times for their open houses and for Chi2k events. They're on York Rd in Bensenville, just on the other side of O'Hare Airport.

Another shop to look at is in Plainfield; Innovative TurboWorks. Andrew Ho is the tuner/shop owner. He has access to a dyno, or he can street tune it for you. He built a couple of MK4's running over 1k whp that he's street driven. Tuned AEM. He's good at what he does as well.

Distance wise, I'd guess that SP is closer to you. They've been in the game for a long time.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
SP. Only shop I'd trust my car at. If you need their info, have any questions about them, PM me.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
fonz87;1694197 said:
What Motor do you have ?? What are your goals and what are you trying to do ??
I have a 7mgte. Looking for around 400whp and still drive it as a DD in the summer.
Not looking to do much right now. I'm going for controle first, power last. Just looking for that little bit of fun when you give it some gas.

Last edited:

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
AE86BLISS;1694209 said:
I have a 7mgte. Looking for around 400whp and still drive it as a DD in the summer.
Not looking to do much right now. I'm going for controle first, power last. Just looking for that little bit of fun when you give it some gas.

Okay soooooo ??? What do you need done ?? like motor build ?? help give you ideas like what to do to the motor ?? Get your self a MHG, Arp's. 60 trim Ct 26 turbo. 550 Ccc injectors, Lex am, you can upgrade to a engine managements if you have money or just get a AFR and a SAFC. and list goes on.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
fonz87;1694482 said:
Okay soooooo ??? What do you need done ?? like motor build ?? help give you ideas like what to do to the motor ?? Get your self a MHG, Arp's. 60 trim Ct 26 turbo. 550 Ccc injectors, Lex am, you can upgrade to a engine managements if you have money or just get a AFR and a SAFC. and list goes on.

I have arp's a HKS head gasket along with a lex am, the bottom end has only 72k on it, for the turbo i'm running a T67-R/CT-26 housing. For engine manangement I'm running a HKS Pfc F-con with a HKS FCD. So your not that far off.

Looking for a good tune and other idea's to unlock what power is there, suport mods ect. Just trying to find the last pieces of the puzzle.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
MDCmotorsports;1694539 said:
The latest word I've heard is SP is a no no. That's all I'll say and I'll keep my mouth shut.

Not cool,.... I would like some info, or a suggestion at least.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
MDCmotorsports;1694782 said:
Go talk to them directly. Find out for yourself if you are kosher with them and their services or not.

Not really helping me out man. If there is a problem say so. I'm not looking to waist my time running around just to find out.
Thats the whole reason behind this thread.

I got trust in the Supra community.
I'm just looking for advice and reason's as to why they like or don't like the shop.
I'm just one of those people that likes to do it right, and all at once. lol

Has any one personaly been to any of these shops?
Whats a fair price on a tune these days?

Last edited: