Any one have a Wii?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
So, Santa was nice this year, and on an impulse buy, decided to purchase the Wii for my kids. Now Santa is broke, and addicted to this evil piece of computing plastic. So yea, My kids are in love with it, and that is what it's all about. So my question is, any supramania members online with their Wii? I'm trying to find people to play Mario Kart with. I don't like randomly chosen players, as I'm not sure if they are friggen child molesters or what. So If your online with your Wii, post up. Mabey get a small tourny going for Mario Kart. If this idea seems stupid, then..... my bad.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I have one as well. MarioKart is so fun online, but you can't really talk to the other players. I'm online with it 2-4 times a week, my friend code is 2965-1377-7495 & Soundwave2000 is 4640-1750-4399

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I tried boxing and some of the other physical games at a friend's house. It actually will work you out, and is very fun. I could definitely see some benefits to couch potatoes.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
We have a Wii, but no MarioKart yet.....but we're planning on getting it soon :) As soon as we get it, I will post our friend code here

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
The fad of the Wii wears off after the first two weeks of owning it. If you are looking for a great game to play for your self then definitely get Resident Evil 4. It is my favorite game for the system. Just don't play it with your kids around.

sushi

Sep 21, 2008
Pottstown, PA
x10secondzx2;1215607 said:
The fad of the Wii wears off after the first two weeks of owning it.

I got one for my dad for his birthday last April and he still plays it for at least an hour a day.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Me and Serena have been on a hunt for a Wii for a little while now, no one fucking has them for the regular MSRP of $249.

I also want a DS...badly.... I have a PSP, hacked and all that to high heaven, but I want a DS more, no idea why

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
phoenix6;1216599 said:
Me and Serena have been on a hunt for a Wii for a little while now, no one fucking has them for the regular MSRP of $249.

I also want a DS...badly.... I have a PSP, hacked and all that to high heaven, but I want a DS more, no idea why

There's been a few places here that have Wii's every once in a while. Just gotta ask or know some people. :evil2:

I have a Wii. Just never got around to buying the network adapter for it, so I never got online with it. It's a great system for parties, get-togethers, and whatnots.

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
I've got a Wii but no kart :3d_frown:
I do have smash, guitar hero 3, and world tour
I'll post my number thing later my wii isnt here

On a side not did you know you can plug the nun chuck in and use it to steer the kart like a normal controller? ( i didnt)

NgoFcukinWay;1217272 said:
I have a Wii. Just never got around to buying the network adapter for it, so I never got online with it. It's a great system for parties, get-togethers, and whatnots.

Get some wireless, it's built in

4doors

Oct 12, 2008
DFW
have had a wii for a while but aside from wii sports and occasional drunken Mario party, its a total waste of money.

Bought SSB: Brawl and MK Wii right away and the stupid balancing system built into the game by those bastards at nintendo totally ruins both franchises as far as im concerned. literally anyone can win mario kart at any time thanks to the "interesting" item randomization for the computer-controlled characters. ever been hit by 5 spiny shells in a row within 10 seconds on any other mario kart and go from first to last unable to even move? i rest my case.

as far as smash bros, i feel like the levels are way too big and the camera cant compensate without making everything so small you cant tell what the hell is going on. add to this the amount of annoying new moves, items events and you basically have one of the poorest fighting games i have ever played. character models are polished and shiny but hit detection is a joke. button detection is like when you played the original game but on your worn-out n64 controller where the whole thing was so worn that it rattled. basically its a button-mashing festival and totally not worth the experience.

now before you say that its just me and i suck, i have had several other people play the games and mention the same problems. its not like i lost all my online battles and became a bitter critic - i lost maybe twice and that was to my friend playing on the same machine.

if it werent for the ability to play gamecube games (like my gamecube stopped doing), and the fact wii sports comes with the system for free, i'd say its not worth buying.