any of you guys with a soarer 1j done this?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i'm trying to get rid of my spd cut but i wasn't sure which wire to cut so i looked at this diagram and was wondering which one did you guys cut? sp2+ and sp2-, nco- and nco+, or sp1? i was thinking sp1 but not really sure hopefully you guys can tell me thanks

toua

forgot to ask if it is the only pink wire for a 1jz soarer ecu as well? i seen some threads saying its the only pink wire but i didn't know if that applied to the soarer as well cuz i think they were talking about the supra

Last edited:

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Pink wire doesn't really apply here since the JZA70 uses a single-wire signal.

You're kind of on your own here unless someone else who's already done it chimes in. The JZZ30 ECU might not play nice without a speed signal.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
its whatever wire comes from the speedo.

ive been driving for a while with no speedomter cause my cable broke. usually im ontop of keeping stuff working but ive been lazy

but anyway, point is, without this signal there is no speed cut.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
It's the pink wire..... I have a jzz30 ecu and my spd cut intercepts the pink wire.
If you cut it you'll get a CEL. Best thing to do is put a spd cut and you'll happier than a pig in mud....

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Well it doesn't matter which wire you cut, either one is going to break the circuit.

I think the best thing you can do is just to try cutting one. If it has adverse effects, solder, heatshrink, and forget.

Edit: Didn't see drewgo's reply. I don't understand what you're looking for beyond his answer. Are both the wires going to your ECU pink?

c_ronius

1jz 4Runner
Jan 2, 2007
Tampa, FL
www.rsworld.com
NCO- and NCO+ are for the AT overdrive clutch sensor, SP2- and SP2+ are for the AT speed sensor. all of these can be disconnected if you are MT. SP1 is the speed signal from the cluster (the one that speed cut uses).

SP1, DI, and SP2+ are the 3 pink wires to the ecu. Don't cut DI, it feeds the stock fuel pump relay.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yeah sp1 works fine. I get no CEL until 120mph. Maybe it calcultes it on loiad and rpm and is like "oh shit where's the sp1 to stop me!!! fuck!!!"

But yeah it goes away. I run no iacv, o2, or sp1, and still get no cel daily driving 28mpg.