Any good coolant flush write ups?

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
I'm looking for a good write up on how to properly flush your radiator. I've googled around but most of the ones I've found told me to run a garden hose, and just run the engine for 10 minutes. But i read on this forum that the water will damage my radiator. I bought this car from someone and it seems he has been using some sort of green coolant. Once i drained it, the liquid was full of rust, I've already bought the toyota red coolant and plan on running 30% coolant and 65% water since I live in central florida. Also should i put in a bottle of redline water wetter? Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
30 % coolant.. 65% percent water... hmmmm maybe 5% tigers blood..lol
Just flush it with hose.. but don't go for a full pressure blast.. that will damage heater core.. just take it easy with the pressure. Their are all kinds of green vs revs orange coolant.. personaly I just run green. And change every couple years

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
they actually make a kit at most parts stores where you connect it to your hose and yadda yadda flush + water + heater on full blast + new coolant after