Any experience with Performance Coatings in Auburn WA?

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
The time has come for me to get my exhaust manifold and turbo heat shields ceramic coated!

I was originally thinking Jet Hot because of the recommendation on the Cygnus X-1 site. But mixed reviews left me on the fence about using them.

I then learned of the amazing work of jdub. I read pages and pages of threads and everyone was utterly pleased with his work. But sadly I confirmed that jdub is no longer doing coatings :(

Through some searches I found a local place called Performance Coatings that does ceramic coating. I looked for reviews and whilst most were from motorcycle websites they were generally very positive. (It is almost like jdub is secretly working for them...)

So I was just wondering if anyone has done any business with them?
(I know they sponsored a WA Supra meet in 2012, but that was all I could find here.)

Website for reference: http://www.performancecoatings.com/index2.html

Many thanks!

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
They coated my cooleeze downpipe 8 years ago. Still holding well. They coat inside and out...polishing the inside with vibrating machines. I recommend them.

cwd

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Finally going to drop off my parts at Performance Coatings this week! So excited as this means I am close to getting the car back together.

Dropping off the following:
Turbo Exhaust Housing
Large clamp that holds center section to turbo exhaust housing
Turbo Elbow
Exhaust Manifold
Turbo and Exhaust Manifold heat shields

If there is anything else I should consider ceramic coating let me know!

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
I picked up the parts today and so far I am very happy with the look. Cannot wait to get them on my car! Will write a real review once I have things on and heat cycled a few times.

These were the parts before the coating:
Before Coating.jpg

After the coating:
After Coating Parts.jpg

And temporarily assembled:
After Coating Assemble.jpg