Another supra?? come on Nomad...

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
I know what your thinking, and the last thing i need is ANOTHER supra, being that i've had like 9 in the past 2 years.. lol.

Well me and my wife were driving down the road and spotted a white package supra turbo. 5spd. its at a dealership.. so... anyways.. its lowered,, has mk4 wheels, paint is absolute shit, but i can fix that. body is in great shape, interior is in great shape. has less then 100k.. and apparently the dealership has the P.O's paperwork to prove a recent HG job with a cometic.. but we'll see.

We are going there tomorow to take a look, test drive, and i'm going to go through everything with a fine tooth comb.

If we like it, we are going to buy it. when i do get it, i will only be able to post OK cell phone pics.. we cant find our camera cord to our new 8.0 MP digital camera.. lolz.

I hope it pans out because i could really use another supra. (having only one is truely depressing)

Last edited:

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
So far im remembering to check these things

-Oil cap (bhg)
-Coil packs (for cracks)
-Accordian for cracks, holes, etc
-Oil leaks

Anyone got anything else important i should check for? Im REALLY tired.. i just woke up. so im still in half sleep mode

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
make sure p.o. didnt try to vent to atmosphere and remove the recirc hose and put masking tape over the accordian hose nipple.. pshh! lol

thats the first thing i fixed when i got my car. yank the steering around a few times to check for power steering issues (whining, etc) and listen for pops and whatnot from the rack when you steer.

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
Check rust in the spare wheel storage. At the rear tires, push up at wheel wells and check for crackling sound(rust). Car might look good on the outside, but rust hides inside the plastic panels.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
just got back from looking at it again.. Its in great shape interior.. aftermarket boost guage.. for some reason the tach isn't working. Engine block was painted through so it might have been gone through once.

Took about 20 seconds to start, but it hasn't been started in months. there seemed to be some wiring that needed some attention, but nothing screaming run away nomad. no leaking or seapage at the bottom of the motor, coolant was ok, oil cap was non milky, checked oil and was okay as well, paint isn't great at all.. but interior is great. it's blue but the paneling is black.

It has a new timing belt..

However when i would step on the gas in neutral it would kind of hesitate then pick back up.. but it might be the old gas and need a tune up. It idle'd fine and kicked out of cold idle as it should.

Its a turbo 5 speed 88 (thank god) and has mk4 wheels with cheapo tires, and new breaks.
They want 3,000$:biglaugh:
But.. 3,000 may be overpriced.. but i can get it financed for under 200$ a month which is all that matters..

They want 500$ down and i have zero =(

Any rich people here feeling nice today?? lol
taking donations:naughty:

will work for dp! (no not double penetration) down payment.