Another New 240 Owner

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Hey guys,
Now I bet you are wondering, why is this 240 guy registering on a supra website. Well I am currently trying to gather all of the parts that I need to drop a 1jz in. Just ordered the engine setup, which should be here in a week.
This is my 1992 240sx.

So keep an eye out for a build thread =)
-Backfire

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I'm not really sure what type of racing I want to do yet, I would like to try all three. Once the engine is in and everything is working, I think the first I will do is drag. Just to see what kind of speed and power I'm working with.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
^^^^^^^
he probably wants it to be reliable.....
I did the nissan thing for a while.
but people didnt do these swaps back then.
good luck man. definatly post a build thread.

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
mattsplat72;1531270 said:
Why waste a 1j on a 240 aren't RB's and SR's good enough?

I wanted something different, didn't want another 240 with an sr. Everyone has those nowadays.
And I've done a lot of research on rb 25's and 1j's (rb26= way to expensive) And from what I have found from research I think I will like the 1jz better than an rb25.
That and I've ridden in some awesome 1j'd cars.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
You do realize that the 1j is the new SR right. Have you searched just this forum.. I remembering seeing at least three other " Hey I wanna be different and put a 1j in my twofizzle" threads.
wanna be different put a 13b in it. leave the 1j's were they belong in Toyotas.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
The beauty of a 1jz in a 240sx: for Left hand drive the exhaust is away from the steering shaft and Brake Master Cylinder so less clearance/heat issues.

Good luck with the swap. I have done some research into this swap for my 240 as well. I know you have to reroute the fuel lines, and its hard to get the OEM twins to fit so many just go single. Someone makes a mount kit for JZ series into the s13/14. Should cost a good bit more than a SR swap before all is said and done.

Jtek

Feb 5, 2009
vancouver, wa, usa, earth
Cause nissan sucks, thats why. SR blows up when it makes stock 2jz power, RB plain old sucks hairy balls to find replacement parts for and in general toyota fixes anything.

I took him for a ride in my stupid corolla and he got wood. I was only a little creeped out, but I knew we turned someone from the dark fail side to the bright side.

Overall its funny to see the nissan guys get butt hurt over toyota into nissan car cause they want to stay true to the nissan name, but their engines fail.....BADLY. Piece of shit, really.

Nissan: Now I'm Stuck, Send Another Nissan

Plus hes 17 and he just got his head bolted on straight. A reliable car is one to cherish and love/care for. Some piece of shit nissan isn't. Yes, I'm being an ass.

<3