Another MK3 rebuild..

Unger-i

Apr 26, 2011
Odense
Hello

My name is Jonas and i come from Denmark. I have for the past couple of month been reading some of the build threads here on SM, and hav really enjoyed them. So now i think it is my turn to give a little back and i will therefore try to keep a rebuild thread for my 87 Mk3 7mgte.

I have had this car since january 2007, here it was importet from switzerland. Because we in Denmark has some tax rules i had to wait a while before i could afford putting it on the road, but finaly in september 2007 i had enough money to pay the taxes to get it on danish number plates, actualy the tax was more expensive than the car :cry:

Well i drow the car for about two years but then i had to go to school again and since 2009 it has been standing in my garage waiting. But now i have decided it is time to give it what it deserves, also i might aswell rebuild it while it is in the garage.

So i have started by taking out all the interior parts.

Attachments

• DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Unger-i

Apr 26, 2011
Odense
Just some pic of all the parts gotten out of the car

p1797675_1.jpg

p1797675_2.jpg

p1797675_3.jpg

Unger-i

Apr 26, 2011
Odense
Hello Again.

Just came home from five daye in spain so now i hopfully get some time free to spend on the project. Before i went to spain i got the engine pulled out of the car, Unfortunally i forgot to take pictures, but so fare it has only been taking stuff apart. I will make sure to post a lot of pictures when the real fun work will start.

Unger-i

Apr 26, 2011
Odense
So now most of the car has been taken apart, but now the time has come for the rear frame.
I want to restore this right away before it is put away. But i have some doubt about what would be the best, therefore i hope that you will hepl a little.
My first plan was to get the rear frame sandblastet and powder coated, but after having looked a little in the forums i can see that a lot of you are big fans of this por-15 paint, so now i have my doubt on what would be best and have the strongest surface when done.

So the question is weather i should sandblast the rear frame and get it powder coated or if i should sandblast it and paint it my self with por-15.

Hope you have some clever answers :D and ofcourse you are welcome to come with other sugestions and a explenation why to use this method.

Unger-i

Apr 26, 2011
Odense
So i am back in the garage again. I kind of hoped that some of you readers had some comments to how to paint my rear frame, but since i ran into some kind of a luxury problem this project will come on hold for a little while.

My luxury problem is as seen on the picture below that i kind of guessed wrong on how much space i needed for the parts i take off the car.
On the picture it is only the interior.
p1801312_1.jpg

Because of lack of space in the attic i have to clear some room to be able to store the supra parts. On the picture below you can see the racks that need to be cleared.
p1801312_2.jpg

This is not a small project, so to be able to clear this rack i need to build a new rack to store raw metal, the only place i have enough space is in the room next door wher i recentley made a hole in the wall to expan the garage. But because i want a door between the two rooms i need to make that first so the sliding door can slide behind the new rack. So to day the plan is to doo this to be able to go on with the fun part, The Supra project.
I will try to remember to post some pictures during the day as the work progress.

But this is how it looks so far.
p1801312_3.jpg