Another I'm finally enjoying my car thread..

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Who would have thought, a relatively small by today's standards a/r single turbo 1JZ setup would be soooo much fun!! Even un-tuned at just 10psi, it's just so much fun to drive, and it's not even so much the single. Just that the car is running, and everything is working, all of that hard work and hard earned money is finally starting to pay off. It's a really good feeling. :love:

Just thought I'd share...And of course some pics...

p1146218_1.jpg

p1146218_2.jpg

p1146218_3.jpg

Never mind the powerade bottle overflow, it is only temporary and will be removed next week. I'm waiting for the aluminum one I just bought to come back from anodizing.

Basic specs are...

Drewgo T4 manifold with T3 flange welded on.
GT35-61 Journal Bearing Turbo .68 hot side
Turbonetics Deltagate WG
Custom 3" DP and 3.5" Exhaust
All stock internals, but have BC small core cams itching to go in
MKIV 550 injectors, Walbro pump, Aeromotive AFPR
SARD ECU, but still needs to be tuned a little bit, have E-Man blue to take care of that.

Lots of other supporting and other mods...

Opinions and points for improvement welcomed.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Very good!! I am almost there. Would have been done last weekend, but got sick and been sick all week.

I did take it out for a short drive and had some fun in it, WITHOUT WORRYING about being left stranded, messing something up, or that I left something undone. It's a great feeling and I'm glad you've gotten there!!

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
all that hard work and well spent money has finally paid off for sure! it looks awesome man!

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Thanks for all the responses guys!! I'm buying a camcorder in the next couple weeks to take up to a big drag radial race in Bradenton, so I will defintely get some videos of the car up ASAP!!! Trust me I want to see them as bad as anyone else does.

Satan;1146416 said:
Very good!! I am almost there. Would have been done last weekend, but got sick and been sick all week.

I did take it out for a short drive and had some fun in it, WITHOUT WORRYING about being left stranded, messing something up, or that I left something undone. It's a great feeling and I'm glad you've gotten there!!

I think that hits the nail on the head of exactly what I'm going through right now. Granted I do still go over the car pretty much with a fine tooth comb almost everyday. It's just that everything is working and I can spend time driving it, and not having to fix it.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I noticed the hose from the valve cover to the intake and thought about the same for mine, but thought the catch can inbetween was necessary.

Oil consumption the same, or anything else you notice from having it that way?

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Haven't noticed anything odd with the setup as is, but it's not done for long, maybe a month. I do need to check the compressor wheel/housing see if it's gotten oily.

I got a Greddy catch can coming in on Monday that will be making it's way into the equation next week. I'd run one if you can.

And Jose you're exactly right man....FINALLY!!

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
nice to hear your enjoying it now.it's been a long time coming from what i remember.i think there was a for sale thread at one time.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Congratulations, nice to see you happy and successful with your hard work. The money was well spent. Looks like I'm about 6 weeks out on mine-can hardly wait. I really like your rear wheels and tires, what are they?
Good luck at the races, Fred

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Thanks again guys, and tsuper you're right there was a FS thread, and countless times said.."That's it I'm selling it". But that's always quickly forgotten when you're driving it for some reason.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Got "that" feeling again with it yesterday... Took it for a longer drive and got all kinds of positive-type head turns. Did not worry about it leaving me stranded or other issues.

Awesome feeling! Hope some more of us get this soon, before Winter sets in.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Dylan JZ;1149394 said:
congrats. im in 727, good to know youre not to far away.

Yeah, hoping I can make out to all the meets I always said I'd be at then wasn't able to go to.

Also, little update car is getting tuned Tuesday, just low boost and pump gas for now. Will post up numbers afterward, and will try to get a somewhat decent vid using my digi cam.