Another FL Big Single 1jzgte MKIII

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
Well guys i just thought i'd post a couple pics of my current setup as it sits right now. The car started out as an automatic turbo car, but the 7m was yanked out and replaced with a 1jzgte twin turbo motor with a 5 speed. I never drove the car while it still had the twins on it, instead i pulled the twins off and installed a borg warner s474 with a t4 footprint with a .90 ar. This is the first borg warner of this size i've ever seen on a 1jzgte so i guess you can say i'm the guinea pig to test this turbo on a 2.5 liter without cams. The engine bay still has a little bit more neatening up to do so bare with me. Ok as for supporting mods:

Spec stage 3 clutch
Apexi safc 2
Full 4 '' exhaust from the tuboback into a
aeroturbine muffler all stainless steel
680cc delphi injectors on a dual feed rail
Front mount intercooler with 3'' piping
Tial bov
Turbonectics MBC
X02 Racing WG with external dump
Dual walbro's intank.

Hoping to put down just shy of 600whp on boost and 93 or 110 fuel, gonna see what happens when it's dyno time. Right now the car runs but runs very rich so i might take it to tune either this weekend or the next weekend so stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CX-o4pvKRY

Last edited:

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
lppro;1132695 said:
nice man i was going to ask you for pics of your set up. we need to get together again! my car is at Jerry's getting tuned/exhaust until next week...

Yea we need to hang out. I had some wiring issues with it that's why it wouldn't rev out. Got that sorted out. Is Jerry the guy that own's Boostlab or something?

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Let us know how that wastgate works out (my car is currently getting wired so I haven't had the pleasure of enjoyment).

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
Cya;1132730 said:
Let us know how that wastgate works out (my car is currently getting wired so I haven't had the pleasure of enjoyment).
I'll let you know. I've heard nothing but good about them so we'll see what happens.

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
ya jerry's the boost lab guy he was at fl2k8 with that crazy 1j water exchanger set up and that 2j header he fab'd.
he did an out standing job on my car and is one of the few people that i would let work on my car.

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
7Mboost;1147143 said:
My brother couldn't get his car to do anything with 680's and the safc2, have you had any luck?

Got a great deal on an emanage blue so that's what i'll be using. I still have 400 miles left on the clutch break in so i'll post up dyno numbers sometime next week. I'm also having a small alternator problem right now that i have to sort out this weekend and a few other small things.

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
porsches4lunch;1146909 said:
well, how did it go? when did you see boost?

Didn't tune yet, but lets just say i'm seeing boost already in my driveway with the car parked in neutral by just reving it up. Oh and the turbo sings like crazy. I can't wait till it's tuned. Those borg turbo's are the s**t.

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
albert74;1150739 said:
Didn't tune yet, but lets just say i'm seeing boost already in my driveway with the car parked in neutral by just reving it up. Oh and the turbo sings like crazy. I can't wait till it's tuned. Those borg turbo's are the s**t.

No sound clips or driving vids? Your teasing us with those pics. Come on you can do better than that. Looks good! I hope to have my Borg warner on next week!

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
Small rev video on first post. Got all the emanage blue wired in, with a basemap. Also alternator charging issue fixed. So it's just a 500 mile clutch break in period then off to tune.

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
albert74;1155955 said:
Small rev video on first post. Got all the emanage blue wired in, with a basemap. Also alternator charging issue fixed. So it's just a 500 mile clutch break in period then off to tune.

Ok, time for a test drive with some video! I love the sound of the BW. Can't wait to see your car running perfect the way you want it.