Another bhg thread!!!

SRZMK3

:thefinger ::bhg::you have to sit and read another one again!!!:: wah :: i was driving on the highway no pop no nothing, just suddenly overheat and smoke out the back::flame::!! dammit i thought i permafixed this with my ARP bolts!!! here we go again!!! XD

very white and gunky under the oil cap no milk at all on the dipstick wierd huh.. the coolant was literally steaming out of my reservoir like a tea kettle!:panic: and the radiator boiled dry!! what makes me think BHG is the coolant smelling smoke that is blasting out of my muffler when idling and the fact that it sounds like subaru... must be a small leak huh... oh yeah and the heater blows cold when car is warm

any similar BHG experiences?

who wants to help me wrench a head apart?!
::dead horse::

87GWSupra

Rally Supra
Jan 24, 2010
Carlton, Oregon
What head gasket did you use and was the head pressure tested, both head and block resurfaced. Just wondering what would make it go again.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SRZMK3;1775644 said:
i bought the engine jdm and i had the surface reground at a popular machinist. used a shucks headgasket and arp bolts.. i think my radiator went bad and chained the head gasket with it.,

Could be. Why would you use a Shucks gasket? Did it have the same construction as the Toyota one?

SRZMK3

yeh... its been in there since ive owned the car.. 2.5 years.. and its looked bad inside it even then... so i guess i deserve it...oh well TIME TO UPGRADE!!! whats your recommended radiator and cooling fan setup? cuz i wanna go big and race status since i drive my car like an asshole XD!!