another 1jz project

limitedgt4

Mar 31, 2012
Pawtucket, ri
hi all,

sort of new to the forum, i was a lurker long before i joined. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?165021-another-1jz-project

ill try to not ask questions, but if i do it is not because i have not searched already.

now lets proceed with list of things i want to do to the car

Engine swap:
going 1jz (http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-Twin-Turbo-manifold-and-other-parts-for-sale!!)
keeping stock twins for a while, i want to see how they perform
plus i dont want to over power my car before i learn how to control it
on the fence on IC between 2.5 or 3 inch )read of various different setups but not sure whats right for me yet)

upgrades will likely be
440 injectors
3 in y pipe and all the way back
stand alone for when i do the 440's
cams / headwork
walboro pump
**more to come**

the magic question what is my goal, well stock for now like i said before i want to get a feel for the car
eventually i want to reach 350-400 whp

Last edited:

limitedgt4

Mar 31, 2012
Pawtucket, ri
bought the engine set from travweek a few weeks back and finally picked it up today,
he sold two engine and shipped them together, the shippers screwed up and sent me
the wrong engine so now am missing alot of things, so until Travis and the other guy
who got all my parts send me the missing parts im pretty much on hold :/

ill post pics later

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-Twin-Turbo-manifold-and-other-parts-for-sale!!

limitedgt4

Mar 31, 2012
Pawtucket, ri
some updates, almost had a miss hap when pulling the engine, forgot to take the shifter out and realized when the engine was halfway out lol (im used to FWD dont have to pull the shifter) other than that i have an empty engine bay and alot of parts that will go for sale so check the forsale thread.
so now am just waiting on a few parts to arrive, meanwhile ill send the flywheel to get machined and possibly shaving some weight? (dont kill me guys i have read some threads outside of supra mania, and most of it was opinionated, so if anyone has actual experience PLEASE STOP ME NOW lol)

so now im going to work on some rerouting of the body harnes and the fuse box, also deleting the the AC lines and some other stufffffffffff, also laying a fresh coat of paint

if anyone has any advice on anything cool i can do to the engine bay before i drop the engine like 2 weeks from now ill appreciate it

and now some pics of what i did today

any thought on these rims they were on my scion xb, i may have to put them on the supra till i find something better
p1881188_1.jpg

p1881188_2.jpg

thats my friend Harry
p1881188_3.jpg

p1881188_4.jpg

again my friend Harry in the pic
p1881188_5.jpg

the 1jz as it sits now
p1881188_6.jpg

p1881188_7.jpg

p1881188_8.jpg

things to do to the 1jz before it goes in
-light wire tuck/extension on harness
-Lightweight Underdrive Pulley Kit V2.0 T6061 from DM
-water pump
-timing belt
-removing AC compressor (or as another member said, cannibalizing it) gotta keep the bracket i read somewhere
-might change the DP to a 3" if i find one cheap ;)
- ill add more as i think of it

Last edited:

limitedgt4

Mar 31, 2012
Pawtucket, ri
soooo, i visited a few local stores and its a stupid question but where where can i get FLUX for soldering (please remain locally aka a store not ebay ill entertain ebay if i cant get it anywhere locally)

already checked
harbor freight
home depot
advance auto
autozone
trusty old Walmart

and no luck cant find it

i need this so i can extend the wiring for the wire tuck

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
don't use a lightweight pulley on the crank, only use stock OEM crank damper, ATI, or Fluidamper. I haven't heard much on the last, I only know that the ATI units are really good

limitedgt4

Mar 31, 2012
Pawtucket, ri
limitedgt4;1880971 said:
bought the engine set from travweek a few weeks back and finally picked it up today,
he sold two engine and shipped them together, the shippers screwed up and sent me
the wrong engine so now am missing alot of things, so until Travis and the other guy
who got all my parts send me the missing parts im pretty much on hold :/

ill post pics later

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-Twin-Turbo-manifold-and-other-parts-for-sale!!

so the guy i bought the engine from is failing me and has not come through on his part. i paid for an engine and got another completely different one (basically short block/intake/exhaust with turbos) missing the extended harness, ecu, clutch, coils, starter, charge pipe, engine mounts, bell housing, ignitor, alternator, and some other random parts.
hes keeps avoiding to ship my things making different excuses every time.

I basically overpaid to get a drop in plug and play engine (he had it running in his car) so that i wouldnt have to deal with certain things and im still waiting to get what i paid for. This is very upsetting