Am I stupid? Injector fitment issue.

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
I "installed" my top feed fuel rail and Bosch 1200cc injectors into my 1jz that i bought from driftmotion. I then tested the fuel system and they all started gushing out fuel at the top of the injectors. As far as I know everything is correct but the only odd thing is that the rail sits sort of tilted on the injectors because the spacers are not long enough.

Fuel rail and injectors are off the motor again and now sitting on my desk.

This is how they came in the mail.

This is one with the aluminum cap and retainer removed.

this is how they sit WITH the retainer. (notice that the spacer is about an eighth too short, causing the rail to mount cock eyed when installed.

With the retainer removed the height is near perfect but the top of the injector doesnt fit in the rail.

So am I missing something here? Im sure its an easy solution but I am a noob so I cant do anythig on my own. :1zhelp:

franky2fingaz

Nov 10, 2012
The windsor
Did you try shimming the spacers? If it's a severe tilt then yes they won't seat right, but can't tell form your pics... dumb question: greased O-rings right?

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
Yup, greased em all before install. Im super stumped, to bad things like these don't come with instruction. Ill give Aaron a ring quick

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The bottom "adapter" gets installed in the intake manifold with FIPG, not an o-ring.