Almost done !!!! built 7m + trans swap

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
P__FBE4.JPGsup.JPGSupra.jpgsupra1(6).jpgSupra1(7).jpgSupra1(8).jpg

After 2 and a half years here we at !!swap to manual+rebuild. Almost completed.

The story :
I bought my car in 2007, 7mgte auto, my daily driver for 2 summers, loved it, but always
wanted it manual, sooo bad. After summer 2010 we(me and my brother) dicided to attemp the swap, didnt worked as we plan. It started well, got the auto trans out but when trying to squeeze the r154 in there... huummm didnt worked...After a couple try we gave up, finnally took the motor out. Project kinda stall at that point, wasn't sure if I wanted to send the motor to rebuid or not. Parts of the car were everywhere. Defenetly got a little lost. Was a mistake, there's a lot of thing i wouldn't do the same.

Finally dicided to send it to rebuild. A good and trusted mechanic in town did it, eventually he's gonna finish the car (exhaust, catch can set up and some wiring,then start it) Unfortunetly not moving the car for a while had some consequence, brakes are done, side molding deformed by the sun, paint kinda faded a little, defenetly need a good compound ! and my front tires dryed+cracked, they were old. Will take care of this when it'll start

Mod list for now, everything gas and electronic will be stock for break-in

Block:
-Cp pistons 0.040 oversized
-Pistons rings
-Eagle H-beam rods
-ACL race bearings
-ARP main stud
-High volume Oil pump
Head:
-Port&polish
-+1mm ferrea valves
-oem springs/retainers
-oem cams
Goodies:
-SP67GT
-BIC Performance downpipe
-Stock exhaust manifold
-Front Facing Intake Manifold
-80mm throttle body
-Alternator relocator
-Mishimoto intercooler
=3'' piping
-Tial bov
-CxRacing Radiator
-Oil filter relocator
-Earl's oil cooler
Transmi5sion:
-Spec clutch stage 3
-Lightweight Flywheel 11,5 lbs
-ARP flywheel bolt
-ARP Pressure plate bolt
-Short throw shifter
-New clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder
Inside:
-Revamp clutch pedal
-Manual console, cleaner center console
Outside:
-17"wheel painted gun metal
-Bilstein shocks

Last edited:

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
It's supposed to be one of sethron's ffim, those who rub on the shock tower, old model i think, bought this 2 years ago on sm. Don't remember who sold it to me, add about 1000 miles in use

Last edited: