Alltrac/GT-Four?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Guys, I've been a fan of the ST165 and 185 for years now, and I might end up buying one in the future. I have moved to a climate where people LOVE to off-road in the dirt, rocks and sand. I don't like the idea of buying a quad or dirtbike, or even a dunebuggy or truck, but a rally Celica just might get me into it.

My problem is that I have spent all of my time researching street/track racing vehicles and have not studied any offroad mods. Let's say I spend money building up a 3S-GTE and put it in the car - what next? Sure, I would need "dirt tires" and different suspension, but aside from a bad-ass roll cage, what other offroad things does a car need? Would I just end up going to a place where people go for offroad needs and wing-it?

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
I would put a nice skid plate on to protect the oil pan at the least. As far as anything else, you seem to have it pretty well covered. There isn't too much you need. Maybe also add some more lights if you are going to be driving at night. If anyone can think of more than let me know, I am just trying to think what is on my jeep and there really isn't much to it.

Jon

Last edited: