AliExpress Downpipe

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
After seeing Seoul4Koreas's post of his 1jz cam gear cover from aliexpress, decided to check it out. They have a divorced downpipe on there, Just wondering if any one used one like it or something similar that ive seen on ebay years ago.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
After seeing Seoul4Koreas's post of his 1jz cam gear cover from aliexpress, decided to check it out. They have a divorced downpipe on there, Just wondering if any one used one like it or something similar that ive seen on ebay years ago.

I had that one along time ago, it sounded like it had a large exhaust leak while it was running all the time but it did sound nice when it hit boost. I would stay away from the open style and get the closed recirculated style if you are in the market for a downpipe. On a side note, I have also had the ebay downpipe that connects to the factory turbo elbow along time ago and that fitment was so bad I had to modify 2 of the 3 bolt holes for it to fit.

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
I had that one along time ago, it sounded like it had a large exhaust leak while it was running all the time but it did sound nice when it hit boost. I would stay away from the open style and get the closed recirculated style if you are in the market for a downpipe. On a side note, I have also had the ebay downpipe that connects to the factory turbo elbow along time ago and that fitment was so bad I had to modify 2 of the 3 bolt holes for it to fit.

Thanks for the input, I like the divorced for the idea of hearing the wastegate open, other then that id just get recirculated. I had the ebay style DP from driftmotion on my first turbo car. I bought this supra with what looks like a home made DP. They did a good job but its literally one pipe all the way back to the muffler, I like being able to separate it in two if i had too. Always like shopping around and see whats out there though.