Alarm issues

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
I've looked around the forum, but failed to find anything related to the problem/s I have..
About a week ago, my factory alarm went off for no apparent reason. I opened the door, started the car, it kept on going off, so I was about to dc the battery when it stopped... pretty weird. around the same day a few hours later, it went off on my while I was driving, and than stopped like a minute later.. weird, huh? gets worse...
about a week after that around 0400 am it went off again, people called my cell telling me to turn it off and all that... so I tried to shut it off by doing the key in the driver, passenger doors plus the trunk/hatch.. kept going off, tried to start it, nothing would happen... so, I unplugged the battery got a ride to work and all that. came back, tried the same thing, except this time the car would start, but the headlights were in the up position, and the horn was going off like crazy... since than, I took out the TDC box thingy, grounded the blue+orange wire for the starter ground, and everything seems to be working fine... except the headlights are still up, and controls are reversed or so it seems. when the headlights are in off position, they are actually on, and so on. Also, horn still goes off constantly... had to take out the fuse for that... I'm really lost at this point... it seems that some of the ICs/switches are "stuck" in the "closed" or "open" position, and that is triggering the horn and the headlights.... I know of no way to reset that thu... tried to dc the battery for 10 hours +, take out the fuses, leave ignition on and dc battery to drain the caps, and so on... lol....
So.... any help would be welcome...

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I'd be looking for any wires making contact with ground or other wiring that it should not be coming in contact with. maybe around any holes in the firewall that wires come thru... make sure that the insulation on wires look good. It may even take unwrapping the different harnesses in areas where it looks like a bunch of wires have become stuck together.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
I guess thats what I'm gonna have to do later on next weekend or so.
I removed the CDC like said before, everything was working fine with the hazard lights/horn fuse out, till I unplugged the horn itself, and put the fuse back in to make may haz lights work....
come back after lunch, and the headlights are on... weird, so i get in the car, and do the switch back on off, and the turn off, and go back down like they should, wtf...??
connect that damn horn back, and its quiet, and everything works like it should. except when I come back later on, car's acting like the factory alarm is still in there... lights go up and on plus the horn 's going off.... put the key back in the door, 3 times left, 3 right and it goes back to normal....
I swear this car has a mind of its own or something...