Air to water intercooler revival!

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
bigaaron said:
I have had something along these lines in mind for my new engine :icon_wink

BigA, reading some of your threads, sounds like you would build an engine that could probably pull a freight train. Im just a small fry but hell, any thoughts or ideas for a street system would be great. I have narrowed down the pump, I will go ahead with the bosch/Mercedes pump. The cooler is still up in the air, I think I will go with 3" in/out, get the hks 3000 pipe, get a radiator worth a damn and find a reservoir with a low level sensor. Ohh yeah, and ice, lots of ice...

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I think I am going to go with the standard air to water ic you can buy all over the net and find a good size radiator from something non-automotive. I was looking at different pumps and I found something pretty decent for under $80. I'm not looking for the ice capability as much as shorter piping with less pressure drop. Plus it's just something I haven't tried yet so the learning process is half the fun.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
bigaaron said:
it's just something I haven't tried yet so the learning process is half the fun.

exactly, originality is key to personalization. I like to pop the hood and have people go "WTF is that!?". Maybe I am a little used to my V8 Z or maybe my other Z with the black and lime green flame job with skulls airbrushed into the shadows of the flames.... just maybe. :icon_evil