Aftermarket tie rods ends

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Who is using them? Seems to be very little available for the MK3. I know there are the supernow out of japan available on RHD japan but there seems to be a big discrepancy between their pricing and whats on supernow's direct website.

Rumour has it that the MK4 megan racing tie rod ends fit the MK3. Can anyone shed some light?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The tie-rod ends are generally for bumpsteer correction, although it's possible that dropping the outer tie rods to correct the bumpsteer also allows increased angle. I'm too tired right now to think about it.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/super-now-super-cutting-tie-rod-end-set-gz20-jzz30-jza70-jza80-51448

According to that the A70, A80, Z30 and Z20 chassis can use their kit. If you notice, the two spacers in the kit are the reason the kit gives you more angle, not the tie rods.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
^^^ correct I want them to correct bumpsteer. I'm not fussed about steering angle as its not a drift car. Already looking under my car (which isnt "that" low at the front). the tie rods are on stupid angles and its not right. I'm hoping for a bit more control and feel through the steering wheel and something a little stronger than the non-genuine replacement rod end thats in there at the moment.

destrux, that extra spacer in the picture on the RHD site, is that for the tie rod end or the rack rod end?

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
destrux;1788064 said:
The tie-rod ends are generally for bumpsteer correction, although it's possible that dropping the outer tie rods to correct the bumpsteer also allows increased angle. I'm too tired right now to think about it.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/super-now-super-cutting-tie-rod-end-set-gz20-jzz30-jza70-jza80-51448

According to that the A70, A80, Z30 and Z20 chassis can use their kit. If you notice, the two spacers in the kit are the reason the kit gives you more angle, not the tie rods.

im pretty sure that the link is just listing the cars that super made has that part available for, not what is cross compatible.
while it's possible, afai can tell from checking part numbers (mainly of inner/outer tie rods, the castle nuts on the outers, and the lock nut on the inners) the A70 doesnt have any tie rod cross compatibility with the A80 or Z30 chassis cars at all. Feel free to correct me if you have some parts that are confirmed to fit.

didn't stance make some A70 tie rods? I remember reading about fitment issues and them supposedly correcting them ages ago, and then nothing?