aftermarket radiator

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
I have a fluidyne and I don't like the fitment either. The gap running around the radiator is huge and the top clamps don't feel secure. Disappointing for an aftermarket radiator. Anyone want to buy a fluidyne??

suprabee

Celicasupra.com Member
May 18, 2006
Scotts Valley, California
So, I pulled my fluidyne rad and what I found was all four corners are leaking, ...and no its not running down from the top to bottom...its all four corner areas and from how it's leaking probably can't be fixed I'm thinking...and even so, why spend money to fix and then install and likely fail again in..what...another 10K miles.. like I said in my earlier post, a waste of time and money.

Of all the posts on aluminum rads I've read over the years and now from experience, there are really none available that don't have some some sort of fitment or quality issue, so I really don't see the point in supporting these types of "upgrades" ...and especially in a stock engine like mine. I'm going back to an oem steel rad and be done with it all.

here are all four leaking corners on this 2 year 5 month, 10K miles fluidyne on a stock engine....and you can see the insulation strips I had to use to fill in the gap around the entire rad.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
You can be sure PWR is a high quality radiator. Every single Porsche I saw and some other types of cars were running PWR radiators at the Rolex 24 hour endurance race this year.

It's also so far the only one around that you really don't see anyone complaining about. (this thread for example)

I personally have a Mishimoto, which in my case worked out great. My car is a "race" car, so I chopped up the rad support, shaved the lower mounts, and moved it forward to fit a fan in there. It's big, I can see why people are having fan problems with their clutch fans.