mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
the tab should be for a throttle cable, as for the first pic, most likely the brake booster, as for the second they just look like vacuum ports that you run a hard plastic vacuum line to

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
O those hard line fittings on the bottom are sweet. We use them on our formula car here at school for pneumatic shifting. They are strong little guys!

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
I knew the fittings on the bottom were for vacuum lines. I was leaning more towards which vacuum lines specifically. Sorry for any confusion. I'd like to know which lines im going to need to connect to those ports in order for the car to run properly. There is a cluster f&*K of vacuum lines on the stock intake. I dont wanna dive into it before i know which lines and there sources im going to need to utilize the new manifold.

So far im guessing:

Large port is for- IACV
Nipple-Brake booster
Port- MAP
Port-FPR
Port- Power steering sensor thing. Although there seems to be 2 lines coming of this. One connects to the manifold pre throttle plate and the other one post plate. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/mini_me1209/engine071.jpg

Freshmaker- They seem pretty nifty. Although i havent had a chance to figure out how they work. They just came already attached to the manifold.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Aww they are easy. Push the ring in and hold it in. Then, Push the line in and release the ring. You should be able to give the line a good tug with out it coming out.

Your picture is the power steering Idle-up I believe. It gives the engine more air when you use the power steering. The effect is only noticed during idle.

Since you only have 3 ports to work with, I would run the MAP and FPR on their own separate port since they are the most critical like you said. Try to keep the MAP line short imo. The other lines sure as the heater valve, boost gauge, etc can be run off "T"s. Vacuum lines won't have any noticeable pressure drop, but the reaction time might be noticeable in them. Thats why I would prefer the Map and FPR on the shortest lines with no "T"s.

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
I suppose it would help to mention that both my air conditioning and heat have been deleted. Heater core removed and lines re-routed.
Has i mentioned most of the manifolds i've seen only have the idle valve, brake booster, and the three other ports. So assuming that veilside, etc. knows there shit i figured those ports were all i needed.
Anyone care to chime in with a list of what is connected to the manifold as a vacuum source. If i could get away with running the map and fpr on their own ports and the rest tee off that last port then im golden!

Thanks for the insight Freshmaker:icon_bigg

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
Anyone else care to chime in?

Can i just loop the line on the idle up valve?This car will be a daily summer driver. I could always add a nipple into the intercooler piping and run the other line off the tee'd port if it's going to make a significant difference. I will be using an emanage ultimate rather than the current blitz access.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Large port is for- ISCV = Correct
Nipple-Brake booster = Yes
Port- MAP = Yes
Port-FPR = YES
Port = Boost gauge or tee it so you can use boost gauge as well as for the power steering idle up. ( PS Idle up really does not make much of a difference whether you use it or not )

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
Intake didnt quite work out.. Bunch of extra work involved with fitment due to jdm chassis. Probably looking to sell that and throttle body soon. Thanks for help anyways

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i thought these where for a jdm chassis.they don't fit in the usdm supra without hitting the brake booster.if they worked for are car's,there'd be alot more people using them

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
My car is an mz21 soarer... The engine bay is a little narrower than jza70. The 1jz never came stock in my car so i had a feeling the fitment would be a little off. I'd have to lift my engine out above the strut towers and then relocate my battery and fusebox for it to fit. I'm only looking for like 450hp, so this intake really isn't necessary. It was a good deal so i figured it wouldnt hurt to give it a try.

mabru

part-time
Apr 5, 2007
Okinawa JP
JZZ30, and JZX90 also have fitment problems with these. The same things you mentioned need to be moved or modified. The fuse boxes are huge in these cars and the PS reservoir is between the manifold and the shock tower which interferes with intake plenum placement. The stock battery tray is also in the way of the inlet pipe. It's not just the MZ20/21 that has problems :D