aftermarket gauges

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
where do i need to hook up the aftermarket boost oil and temp gauges pics would really help 1jz cant get factory gauges to work still cant get tach to work. thanks for all the help

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
For boost, you can T in right behind the intake manifold. There's a vacuum port back there.
You can get a sandwich adapter plate that's tapped for a sensor (for oil press. & temp).
What temp gauge did you get?

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
A-to-the-J;1465177 said:
For boost, you can T in right behind the intake manifold. There's a vacuum port back there.
You can get a sandwich adapter plate that's tapped for a sensor (for oil press. & temp).
What temp gauge did you get?

Yup boost has to be post throttle body so your gauge can see vacuum and boost.

I have a prosport sandwich plate, great quality. Most oil pressure senders and oil temp senders are 1/8NPT. May be different for your sender. What brand is everything?

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
Fletch124;1465187 said:
Yup boost has to be post throttle body so your gauge can see vacuum and boost.

I have a prosport sandwich plate, great quality. Most oil pressure senders and oil temp senders are 1/8NPT. May be different for your sender. What brand is everything?

just the cheap autozone ones so i can still monitor the health of the moter im still debating the final gauges when i get some more money

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
where is a good place to do the oil pressue? and my tach dont work where is a good place to put an aftermarket tach for a temp fix? i want to get the most accurate reading. and why in the hell is my tach not working fuck