aftermarket coolant temp sensor install advice

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
you can get an NA coolant neck (term?) which has the bypass built in. Other wise i carefully bent the bottom banjo fitting so it points up and then ran a small section of hose to the fitting on the top. Keep the constant pressure clamps on there though!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
figgie;1456027 said:
it is 12mm x 1.5

the bosch sensor used in porches for coolant temp is a direct drop in and coincidentally what MoTeC sells.

Witch hole is that for? Above it was found to be 16x1.5 to replace a sensor. unless your speaking of the water bypass fitting hole as it looks visually smaller then the others. Im not saying your wrong, just dont want to buy the wrong part(s).

grimreaper;1456046 said:
you can get an NA coolant neck (term?) which has the bypass built in. Other wise i carefully bent the bottom banjo fitting so it points up and then ran a small section of hose to the fitting on the top. Keep the constant pressure clamps on there though!

The N/A water neck has banjo bolts that are mounted in a different position on the thermostat housing so there out of the way. I would have to drill and tap another hole for that so ill just bent the bottom banjo fitting and get a piece of molder hose.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
nosechunks;1456135 said:
Witch hole is that for? Above it was found to be 16x1.5 to replace a sensor. unless your speaking of the water bypass fitting hole as it looks visually smaller then the others. Im not saying your wrong, just dont want to buy the wrong part(s).

The N/A water neck has banjo bolts that are mounted in a different position on the thermostat housing so there out of the way. I would have to drill and tap another hole for that so ill just bent the bottom banjo fitting and get a piece of molder hose.

Where the stock water temp sensor for the ECU (NOT the guage) is at.

the one for the guage is a bspt fitting.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Arent all of the sensors the same thread size? i thought the only difference is between a sensor hole and maybe the water bypass fitting?

So the sensors are 16x1.5 or 12x1.5 depending on the sensor? or else there BSPT?