After pan install, how soon can I add oil and turn over?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Just like the title says, just wondering on how soon I can add oil and start the car after install? I have everything so far ready to go, I'm getting my motor back on Thursday and will be putting it all together and dropping it in.

How long does the FIPG take to cure? It will be atleast 5 hours before I'll be able to start her up after installing the pan. It's one of the last things I like to do.

Thanks Guys

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i have never really waited beyond the final install time, and never really had a leak due to it not being set up, heat sets it faster.

but then again i might just be lucky....or slow.

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
i normally let it sit for a few hours, weather conditions permitting. Just check it after a few hours and if the FIPG is hard then its good to start it up.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Well I just found out that I'll be able to go and get my motor today so It will have about 24 hours of Cure time before I'll be able to start it up!

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
I believe (correct me if I am wrong) if you are using Toyota FIPG, it states on the package to assemble parts within 15 mins and that engine can be started immediately after assembly. That being said, I waited a hour the two times I have done it and it sealed great!