Aem v1 or 2jz ecu

Tonyl86

May 22, 2015
Milwaukee
Hey guys. I recently bought a 91 supra with 1jzgte running with a 2jz wire harness and Aristo ecu. The ecu is had a bad compacitor and two bad resistors. After trying to replace them my self, I’m positive i made it even worse and now need a new ecu. I’m debating whether i should get another Aristo ecu for $270 or an aem v1 stand-alone for $400. V2 is out of my price range for now. I’ve heard that aem will drop support for the v1 and i have no idea what that means. Will i still be able to get it tuned? My current mods are t3/to4e 60 trim turbo currently around 12psi, 440cc injectors, aem 320 fuel pump, fmic, aem wideband, fuel pressure regulator set at 45 pounds. I think that’s about it.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I would just try to repair the ecu again or find a OEM replacement. You also can send it in for capacitor service right away to driftmotion if you get another used ecu. If you get the AEM v1 you will still need to get it tuned so keep that cost in mind as well.

Do you plan on upgrading the turbo sometime soon or increase the horsepower?

Tonyl86

May 22, 2015
Milwaukee
I eventually would like to get it tuned with or without the aem v1. I currently have a apexi neo. I’m just not sure if they still service the v1. But as far as horsepower goal I’m looking for at least 450hp.