AEM EMS standalone

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Hi there!

I am soon to be running the AEM EMS on my 7mgte. My question is; wich vaccuum lines, el-wiring, sensors and so on is it possible to remove? I just want to run the things i NEED to get the engine woring. Any ideas of what to move and fix?

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Coolant temp, intake air temp, map sensor, crank and cam postition, knock sensor (not a must but its nice to have), injectors, disty, or some form of coil on plugs and thats all thats really needed to get the car running. There is a ton of extra stuff that you could wire in though.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Oh, that'll be fun-I had a sore back for a week after I shaved extra circuits out of my harness :)

I pulled the MAF, Cold-start, VSV's, relocated TPS, ran MAP and IAT wires, wired for sequential injection, rewired for a DH61 ignitor, added injector clips, and re-wrapped everything beore I even put it in the car! Took about 8 hours for everything soldered and cleaned up. AEM is a very nice computr IMO. You'll love it

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Ahh, thanks :)

Is there a good and easy writeup,with pics ?, that could explain me how to wire up for sequential injection?? and also, did you buy or make the "block off plate" for the cold start injector?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Sorry for the late reply- I'm running a custom FFIM that completely got rid of the CSI. It is worth noting that if you make a plate out of aluminum to cover the CSI hole, you can tap it for the MAP sensor vacuum reference (I did that before I got the FFIM installed)!

As for the writeup/pictures that will be something I don't have. I just ran off of wiring diagrams for the Original harness and AEM's pinout diagram. I must say I have an unfair advantage due to my job being at a Toyota dealer, so I'm used to wiring diagrams and such. If you're not wiring saavy, you might consider contacting someone called "Dr. Tweak". I've heard they do wiring harnesses and such. (although I have no experience with them personally)

Hope this helps!