AEM 7M Startup Issues

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
If you got "spark" and fuel ... play with the CPS because maybe it is not in the correct possition or play with Injector Phasing

as soon as the AEM sync the timing , it star to fire and inject fuel

I Had a problem with the DH61 igniter by a problem with the wires (two wire are same colors but diferent gross) and after solved it, I moved the CPS one thoot back to set the Inj-phasing into 0 (I have my exhaust cam moved 6º back)
now its firing like never and runnig with less fuel and more agresives firing map.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
an update on my current "progress"

Gave starting fluid a try last night with no luck. The car didn't come close to catching.

Aem unit is out of the car and will be going back to AEM for inspection. Re-installed the stock ECU and the car fired up instantly, so it doesn't seem as though there are any mechanical problems.

edit: hooked up the aem in stock (ish) configuration and gave it one last go. Low and behold, the car finally fired up. Did some fuel map tweaking and took the car for the first ride in ~2 months. I'm surprised how much better the car runs at low (1k) rpm already. Next, I'll add all the sensors I removed to go back to stock...

Last edited: