AEM, 1zz cop install, please help

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
I have searched for hours and hours on end. I have not found a definitive solid answer on how to install my 1zz coils to my DM AEMv2. I know for a fact plenty of people on here have done this with success.
Any help is appreciated.

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
I just did the coil swap also, I'm rather stumped on one last wire, it's red/blue stripe (not coil #3) it's on the other plug with 4 wires, 3 of which are grounds.
image.jpg

Using this pic image.jpg
It's simple realy, 12v switched (big wire blk/orange stripe) used same ground as stock, and the 6 red wires going to the igniter plug from ecu plugs. If you don't have it, get the jza70 ewd it will tell you what wire color goes to what.

As for the Coil pic, I'm not sure where it came from besides my google search..

I'm doing the same ecu setup, ill pm about more info.

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
Ok so I make a 12v wire come from the battery to each coil. Then ground each coil on a common ground. I then cut off the stock ignitor and wire the coils to the corresponding red wires. Then wire all the tach outputs into 1 wire leading to my tach.

I am honestly at the point of giving up on the whole Supra thing. Driftmotion is taking a littler over a month to get my single kit shipped, very little info on the simplest things, the list goes on and on. Its a real shame.

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
Should be 12v switch power, ground, ecu trigger, not sure about last wire. From what I've read it just gets left alone, anyone else chime in on this?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
As far as I read the tach wire isn't used. Only use the three wires, (12v switch, ground and +5v trigger) I'm doing this now.

TweakTech

Apr 3, 2012
Summerville, SC
mikejza70;1935529 said:
Ok so I make a 12v wire come from the battery to each coil. Then ground each coil on a common ground. I then cut off the stock ignitor and wire the coils to the corresponding red wires. Then wire all the tach outputs into 1 wire leading to my tach.

I am honestly at the point of giving up on the whole Supra thing. Driftmotion is taking a littler over a month to get my single kit shipped, very little info on the simplest things, the list goes on and on. Its a real shame.

OK, first things first...DON'T GIVE UP!!!! :) You just need to know who to ask! Since you're running an AEM with a 4 pin COP setup, you're going to get your tach signal from the ECU...not the COPs themselves. Now, you have a 12V switched, and a ground, which has already been covered. Now you're wondering what to do with the remaining wires, right? OK, Pin 2 on each of the COPs will remain unused. Pin 3 will be your IGT signal to your ECU. So Cylinder 1 pin 3 will be IGT1, cylinder 2 pin 3 will be IGT2 and so on.

Make sense?

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance