ae86 or mk3 1jz supra?...

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
ima just get it for daily driver and beater. once i get tired of it im pretty sure i can sell it and get my money back or even more lol.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Get the ae86 and don't spend on a dime on mods for it. Use it as a daily. If the day ever comes to sell it you will make your money back, and then some. You can wait another year and save $2k for the supra. When's the next time you'll run into another running ae86 for $2k?? You'll regret it if you don't buy it.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
true that suprapowaz! i am bout to get it, i have 1500 save up my friend is going to wait till i get those 2000 save up to give them to him :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Falken;1907936 said:
lol thought so... a friend of mine is selling me an ae86 for 2000 dollars. im either debating on getting it, i can put those 2000 dollars into my supra or either buying that ae86 and using it for daily driving.
Considering I've had a 1j Mk3 as my daily for over 3 years now, I'm honestly eager to get into something significantly lighter and more "legal" to run through a few gears without breaking the highway limits haha... That, and I had a 1980 TE72 for a few months. Cost me all of $500 all in, and I made every penny back when I sold it. Was a good car all things considered.

mecevans;1907958 said:
Wouldent do it. It would be another money pit lol.
Depends. Could one spend thousands on stuff out of an old TRD catalog (mmm... 4-Mikuni setup...drool), but if one sticks to merely maintaining it, it shouldn't be too bad. Plus, the 4AGE is a solid engine.

SupraMedical68;1908271 said:
$2000, for a running AE86 is pretty good. Provided the car runs well enough to DD, and doesn't have a beat up chassis or body rust.
Agreed, given what people seem to think they're worth these days. Keep in mind it is basic transportation and appreciate it for what it is and you have an excellent DD.

Suprapowaz!(2);1908507 said:
Get the ae86 and don't spend on a dime on mods for it. Use it as a daily. If the day ever comes to sell it you will make your money back, and then some. You can wait another year and save $2k for the supra. When's the next time you'll run into another running ae86 for $2k?? You'll regret it if you don't buy it.
Hate to say it, but he's probably right. Considering what kids do to these cars anymore, I'd say $2k for a decent example, and something that would be a nice fit for your needs... Hell, the 25-30+mpg alone could pay for itself over driving the Supra in a year or so, depending on how much you drive.