Adj TPS

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
Just got a new TPS, and was wondering is there any special screwdrive u need to loosen the bottom screw? or do have to do the adjustments with the throttle body off. if there is a special screwdriver u need do u know where i can get it?

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Last time I did this, I got pissed off and just removed the Idle Control Solenoid. But using a short replacement screwdriver bit (the ones that come in all the cheap ass 2000+ piece sets) and a tiny wrench should work as well. Until you drop it that is, so you may want to put a glob of chewing gum or piece of tape or something like that on it, to stick it together.

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
Shawndude said:
Last time I did this, I got pissed off and just removed the Idle Control Solenoid. But using a short replacement screwdriver bit (the ones that come in all the cheap ass 2000+ piece sets) and a tiny wrench should work as well. Until you drop it that is, so you may want to put a glob of chewing gum or piece of tape or something like that on it, to stick it together.

why did you remove the ICS?

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
does the isc need to be adjusted at all when it's put back on... and I looked all over on sogi for the tps adjustments... does anyone have them...

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
how much easier is taking off the ISC then the throttle body. Its not hard taking off the throttle body but its a pain in the ass to put on and off while duing the adjs. i guess i will take off ISC that way i can do all the adjs i need to.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
You can remove the TB, but leave the coolant hoses on it. Just pull it up enough so you can get to that lower screw. Adjust your TPS, install a new TB gasket, and reinstall the TB. You'll be good to go.

I usualy like to do the TPS adjustment on the bench as its easier to work with, but doing it on the car this way isn't so bad either.