Adaptor plate for a t-56

sbnryn15

Aug 11, 2007
monroe nc
Has ANYONE put a t-56 up to a mkiii........ I've been trying to do research to see if they make an adaptor plate for a t-56 up to a 2jz. I know that the v160/161 is an amazing transmission, but I want to find another transmission that will hold power but without the price tag of the v160/161. The t-56 is very easy to find and is a fraction of the price. I have a r154 in it right now. Also I know its a clunky but so is the r154, so that is not really a problem for me.

So does anyone know if it will fit in our cars?

And has anyone heard of a adaptor plate for it?

Also I have searched for it but didn't get any results, and on other forums it always turns into everyone talking about how amazing the v160/161 is (which I know it is but I can get 3 t-56 for the same price)

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I have one adapted to my 2jz. Im sure it just comes down to adapter thickness. Its designed to use the auto 2j bellhousing. I bought the cad file from like v-8.com. The drawing needed some Love, but its working great. Not sure on the shifter loaction in a MK3, but gm offers the standard Fbody shifter and there is a remote mount GTO shifter that moves it back like 3.5 inches.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
nathaninwa;1995420 said:
I have one adapted to my 2jz. Im sure it just comes down to adapter thickness. Its designed to use the auto 2j bellhousing. I bought the cad file from like v-8.com. The drawing needed some Love, but its working great. Not sure on the shifter loaction in a MK3, but gm offers the standard Fbody shifter and there is a remote mount GTO shifter that moves it back like 3.5 inches.

I bought the cad file from V-8.com about 4 months back but recieved nothing, tried emailing but never got an answer. I ended up building my R154 instead

sbnryn15

Aug 11, 2007
monroe nc
Aleo24;1995569 said:
I bought the cad file from V-8.com about 4 months back but recieved nothing, tried emailing but never got an answer. I ended up building my R154 instead

Thanks for the warning

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I have it I can send to you.

I modified mine to work with an external slave so I could use the stock style pull pressure plate. I had the gm slave fail on me while the volvo motor was in there and it sucked pulling the tranny just to fix it.

But your right about cost, I had a fully rebuilt, upgraded tranny done with a 31 splline output rated at wtq shipped for 2700.

sbnryn15

Aug 11, 2007
monroe nc
nathaninwa;1996118 said:
I have it I can send to you.

I modified mine to work with an external slave so I could use the stock style pull pressure plate. I had the gm slave fail on me while the volvo motor was in there and it sucked pulling the tranny just to fix it.

But your right about cost, I had a fully rebuilt, upgraded tranny done with a 31 splline output rated at wtq shipped for 2700.

that would be great if you could