Action Stage 3/4 Clutch

Russdeez_1jz

May 6, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Has anyone ran an Action stage 3 or 4 clutch in their supra, on a 1j? Found one on Driftmotion for 520$ but haven't heard or read any reviews on Action brand.

Thanks!

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
Haven't heard about any problems with action clutches, but I would get a south bend clutch instead. I like their pedal feel.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I have been using the stage 3 for over 3 years now on my 1j. No complaints. Holds good and pedal feel is good. Not too stiff.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I'll be at ~520whp/400wtq here in a few days, but the stage 3 Action has done me great for 7 years now at 340whp/310wtq.

alberta-R

Oct 4, 2013
sylvan lake, Alberta
Broke something on mine last week, around 375whp. I'll up date this weekend when i find out what let go.

grinding noise when i release pedal, as clutch is grabing?? then goes away when out all the way.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
ive had one on my car for like 2 years and its been good to me until this past drags on 20psi it was slipping toward the end of the evening. i think the heat from burning out then launching was a little much for it. also broke my trans that i rebuilt about 6 years ago. got it appart and the thrust washer shattered then ate up the output shaft bearing then pieces of that madness got into the counter shaft drive gear and input shaft chipping some teeth :aigo:.....heres what my clutch looks like. im gonna run it for the rest of the year but will be replacing it with a twin disk. need to build another trans and get a az bbk before i do the clutch. id say if you are under 400 youll be ok but if you plan on making more id say get a twin. you cant beat the holding power and how nicely a twin disk launches. then again im really hard on my car and race it a lot so it really depends on what you want to do with your car. im sure with just some hw pulls and toodling around it could hold 500 but not hard abuse at 500....