ACT (T015) pressure plate Install

Birdmann2jz

Apr 5, 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
Hi i already installed a ACT T015 HD pressure plate into my car and i am concerned about the pedal adjustment and free play adjustment. My question is where should my clutch engage (car starts to move) and what should my free play be on a ACT PP. I currently have it set to engage near the top, should i move it near the middle or near the floor? And i feel no free play at all, now is that because i have a heavy duty PP i now feel no free play or is that normal? I feels pretty heavy all the way through and i feel no free play. If anyone has any input i will appreciate it very much. Side note i used the search engine for clues but all i saw was talk about pedal adjustment on a stock PP and none on a ACT one.

Ive been using this as a reference but im assuming it will be different for my since my PP is heavier and dont feel "free play"
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=CL&P=3

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes use that link and adjust the freeplay. Book says roughly 3/4 of an inch. I adjust mine for an inch.

Other than that the clutch will tell you where it like to engage and disengage at.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can't change when You feel the clutch starting to engage when the clutch pedal is set to spec.

Set your freeplay and get used to the clutch.

Birdmann2jz

Apr 5, 2012
If it helps any yesterday i had the pedal adjusted to engage near the bottom, I'd say like 1-2" from the floor and when i did that it was hard to put car into 1-5 gear and i always grinded when putting it into reverse. Now that i have it near the top it feels like butter. Any tip?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ok.

Free play is like the slack in the pedal. Put your hand on the pedal and push. It should be easy for about an inch and then get hard like the rest of the way down to the floor.

Set the back rod and nut to there and LEave it.

That's it. That's all you have to do. There is nothing your missing. Nothing to figure out. Nada.

What you did was basically move the freeplay to none so the clutch was still engaged when it was close to the floor with your foot off so it wouldnt go in gear. Then you moved it all the way back.

You need to move it so there is roughly a inch of freeplay and stop messing with it.

Birdmann2jz

Apr 5, 2012
iight will do thanks for the help sorry for the having to "dumb" it down lol im not the quickest to understand stuff. This is my 3rd time doing my clutch and finally went with good setup, my old setup was a 4 puck unsprung with a 2000 lb pressure plate (1900 lbs being stock) at least from what i was told and now that i finally went the expensive route i just everything to be done right so i went with a 6 puck unsprung and better PP. Thanks again for the help =)