AcId's 87' Targa Build

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
Hey alls...

This is the start of a long project... here is what I have and what I have in mind...

I picked this beauty up from my next door neighbor. Had been sitting for nearly 8yrs which allowed me to pick it up for $500...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After a few hours with a claybar... and a cheap orbital buffer.....
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

To get the car running again after sitting so long... i pulled the drain plug on the fuel tank... replaced the pump... flushed th 1.5" of sediment out of the bottom of the tank. radiator was cracked so I replaced it w/ new hoses. flushed the coolant system. flushed the brakes and replaced front pads/greased calipers... changed the oil and put 5gal of 93 in the tank w/ a can of seafoam..

So far ive put around 350miles on it... no real hiccups... hot oil pressure at idle w/ 5w30 ~ 10psi... above 2500rpm is around 40-45psi... no smoke or ticks of any kind... and 120k miles on the od.

The car is a blast to drive... but I have a list started of what i want to do to it...

1st things 1st... 4x4 mode needs to go.. 1.5-2" drop... thinking eibach springs (ive had good luck w/ them on other projects..) and maybe kyb struts/shocks...

next up will be a 1jz-gte swap... and will be keeping it atx.. ( i know.. i know... but after driving my 6spd ~350whp focus daily for the last 3yrs... i figured i'm up for letting a car shift itself)

gonna also be building a full 3" stainless turbo back exhaust... gona shoot for around 350-400whp on the first go... maybe later down the road... a little more.

I am new to the supra world... so any suggestions/help, etc... would be appreciated...

Thanks alls...
-AcId-

Last edited:

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
Hey alls... its been a while since Ive posted anything about the supra... so figured I should...

I spent the weekend with a buffer to see if I could help the paint any.... over 7 solid hours... a full tub of rubbing compound.... a bottle of swirl x and half a bottle of mothers and this is the outcome...

not bad considering how long it sat in the open...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thanks
-AcId-

Last edited:

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
I seem to have good luck finding cheap supras....

A random guy driving by my work saw my car in the lot and pulled in driving an 88 coupe... come to find out, it was gonna go to the scrap yard if he couldnt sell it... had reciepts from the local lexus/yota dealership for every part that hat been put on the car... including the recent engine overhaul.... chasis has 180k on the clock... motor/trans/clutch has around 15k miles on em'... body is straight... leather interior which could use some attention... but all in all... im quite happy with it...

o and btw... I forgot to mention that I gave $450 for the car with an extra set of 17" wheels and a clean title... driving it home friday:icon_razz

it'll most likely be parted out... the fresh 7mge and 5spd will be going in my targa along with some other misc items... then will prolly sell it off as a roller....

anyways... i'll get pics up over the weekend...
-AcId-