AC question

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
I was at a friends shop and while we worked on the AC conv. we went to test the compressor how ever it seems that the unit isn't getting power. I have a 1991 with a 1J swap and I can see that the clip is plugged in, I'm just looking for some information as to what I should look at first. I'm going to keep searching for some answer but I figured i'd ask as well.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya. So it's the rear one. It will have a blue wire coming out of the relay.

Clip the wire and use the relay side of the wire and wire that to the ac clutch wire.

Been a while since I worked on a 7m iirc there's a connector at the end of that wire. Could solder on the connector from the 7m compressor and make it easily removable.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
So let me see if I understand this right....

After locating the relay I should located the blue wire and cut it, then at blue clutch wire on the AC comp. I should cut that as well. then add wire and solder them together?

But what you are saying is that I should cut the blue wire from the relay and then cut the blue wire on the harness side of the connect that leads to the AC comp. Then solder wire from the relay to that pin that connects to the harness, that way if I need to replace the AC comp. I can just unclip the pin and remove the AC comp.

am I getting this right?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I can't remember how the wiring is ran on the 7m.

Follow the blue wire to the end from the relay.

Basically. That blue wire has to go to the compressor clutch for it to turn on. Wire it up how you like.

Relay>blue wire coming out of the relay --> to the clutch.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
hvyman;1916367 said:
I can't remember how the wiring is ran on the 7m.

Follow the blue wire to the end from the relay.

Basically. That blue wire has to go to the compressor clutch for it to turn on. Wire it up how you like.

Relay>blue wire coming out of the relay --> to the clutch.

Thanks for the information and your time.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
So I found the blue wire that came off of my relay, I had to pull the fuse block and then did some wire management while I was down there. The blue wire was just taped to the main harness with the connector just hanging there, I got the wire I needed so I can get things set tomorrow. Thanks for all the info.