ac problem compressor is not kicking in

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
ac compressor is not getting a signal and i bypass the compressor and it work fine so i know it not the clutch on the compressor but i also check the ac fuse and its fine so if anyone can help with this thanks alot guys its getting hot i need to have ac

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
The fans don't kick in with the compressor, if you look at the TSRM the fans are controlled by a HI pressure switch. You also might want to check if you have enough refrigerant and NOT bypass your HI/LOW switch. Running your system when you are low on freon probably isn't the best idea.

There is also a water temp switch that will turn OFF the A/C if the temp is too high. Mine was failed and wouldn't allow the system to turn on.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
there is also a fuse for the fan clutch located in the passenger kick panel. if it is blown the clutch relay will not kick in. and as stated above there are high and low preasure switches located on the freon lines along the passenger frame rail.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I had my ac recharged and it works great, I would have just gotten rid of it but it rains a lot here especially when its hot so i kept it for those occasions i get caught in the rain, ughhhhhh