AC in my 1jz MKIII?

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
May 2, 2007
Florida
Im having a problem. I live in florida and it gets hot so i want my AC with my 1jz engine. Any setups or suggestions on how to do it. Thanks

djblastsupratuner

May 2, 2007
Florida
I do but the heater hoses and with that the a/c lines are the ones im having problems with. I need to find these lines after the engine is installed. Anyone know where i can get these at?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
You use the entire 7m AC system, and you have to swap the compressor head from the 7m compressor to the 1jz compressor so the lines will bolt to it. Other than that it's just wiring.

As for the heater hoses, it's pretty simple. The hose from above the turbos goes around the corner into the valve on the firewall. The hose coming out from under the intake goes up and into the drivers side firewall fitting.

djblastsupratuner

May 2, 2007
Florida
thanks man ^^^ makes sense and helped me out a bunch. Let me know when you guys get a supra meet up in Lakeland and ill go as soon as i finish my 1JZ swap!!!

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
JonoTurbo;1253521 said:
You use the entire 7m AC system, and you have to swap the compressor head from the 7m compressor to the 1jz compressor so the lines will bolt to it. Other than that it's just wiring.

As for the heater hoses, it's pretty simple. The hose from above the turbos goes around the corner into the valve on the firewall. The hose coming out from under the intake goes up and into the drivers side firewall fitting.

I swapped out the heads, but with the 7M head on the 1J compressor, the head blocks the mounting stud that you slide the compressor onto. What do you do just hack off the end of the stud so it doesn't interfere?

vert88

Aug 31, 2006
jacksonville
that mounting stud will have to be changed or not installed at all if you need more info just pm me and i will send you my number, my ac works fine with my 1j.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
nctexan;1530993 said:
I swapped out the heads, but with the 7M head on the 1J compressor, the head blocks the mounting stud that you slide the compressor onto. What do you do just hack off the end of the stud so it doesn't interfere?

You can pull the stud with a reverse torx socket. Then you just bolt it on and put the stud back in. Also, the lines will hit the bottom of the power steering pump bracket, you can wedge it in there, but grinding the bracket down a little will make it fit better.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Just bought a MKIII 1JZ in January, and the A/C has never worked. Previous owner informed me that it works, but needs a recharge. (Which in my book means it needs a recharge & a leak fix) Gonna have to get on this before Summer if I want to keep driving the MKIII. Actually, screw Summer... needs to get done by April or the car may not leave the garage much until next December.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
JonoTurbo;1531375 said:
You can pull the stud with a reverse torx socket. Then you just bolt it on and put the stud back in. Also, the lines will hit the bottom of the power steering pump bracket, you can wedge it in there, but grinding the bracket down a little will make it fit better.

If the compressor won't go on b/c the stud is blocked at the exit/entrance of the stud bore by the 7m head, how do you put the stud back in?

Grinding the bracket makes sense, just by looking at it and the fittings on the 7M I knew it would be really tight. Thanks for the tip.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
I've ground a bunch off of the power steering pump bracket. I still have the motor out of the car. I measured the height of the SHCS that go into the fittings on the coolant lines (which are in the engine bay, I don't see a way of removing the fittings or hoses from the bay without destroying them) that go onto the head, then screwed the SHCS into the head by themselves, and mounted the compressor back on the motor. The screws will clear the bracket as I've ground it, but there is no way in hell if I mount the compressor on the motor, drop the motor in, and manage to wedge the fittings from the lines into their spots on the head, that I will have room to put the SHCS in. How do you guys get around this?

I've attached the pic of where I've ground the power steering pump bracket. Is this enough? It is already eating into one of the mounting stud bores for the power steering pump.

p1553226_1.jpg