ABS Light: Code 31

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Is there a reason that all of a sudden I went from no codes to 3 codes? Could it have just been a fluke and resetting the ECU will clear it?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Or it could be your wiring somewhere. A multi meter is your friend.

You could clear them and hope they wont come back but thats slim as it takes so much for them to trip.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
hvyman;1561727 said:
Or it could be your wiring somewhere. A multi meter is your friend.

You could clear them and hope they wont come back but thats slim as it takes so much for them to trip.

I think it might have been a fluke. Since I was barely pressing on the brake and was going about 5mph in the parking lot.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ok. If you think its a fluke then go about 40mph and slam on the brakes to see how the anti-lock brakes work.

Never heard of a car trippng a anti-lock light for no reason other than you tapped the brakes going 5mph.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
hvyman;1561739 said:
Ok. If you think its a fluke then go about 40mph and slam on the brakes to see how the anti-lock brakes work.

Never heard of a car trippng a anti-lock light for no reason other than you tapped the brakes going 5mph.
Yea, I barely tapped it. It was nowhere near hard enough to engage the abs. The only think I could be thinking is that I washed my wheels down about 4 hours before it happened, but I doubt it.