? about the oil filter bracket

SupraBro

the bracket that holds the oil filter on the side of the block will not come off....it has a 24mm bolt that is holding it on it looks like....ive broke 2 of my ratches...one a snap on:: angry ::....i guess my ? is that is that bolt supose to come off???...im putting my new motor in tonight but this is my last thing to put on my new 7m...if i go ahead and put in the motor without it, can i get to it later, or do you think it would be hard as hell to get to??? this is the last night i can have the lift....so i cant wait for a new one to come in at toyota......thanks for taking time to read this....need help!!

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
it took me 3 seconds with an impact gun..

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

also.. yes its that large main centered bolt. it does come off.

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
i didnt use an air impact.. i used an electric :)

other then using impact gun... get a LOONG breaker bar.. get someone to hold the motor.. and give it a QUICK crack.. see if that cracks it loose

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

btw.. my impact gun cost me.. $60 NEW
its well worth it..

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
idk its a reall tight squeeze lol

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

can you borrow someone impact? or rent one?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
No, you wont have room to put the impact gun in there. Soak the bolt with some PB Blaster or WD 40 or whatever and let it soak over night. Then attempt to take it off. May become easier for you.

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
dont drop it in.. you should do it while motor is out..
and when i say breaker bar.. i mean an actual breaker bar.. not a pipe over your ratchet lol

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would not use a impact on that but thats just me as i have seen a few that the threads broke right there on the block.

1/2 in breaker bar with a cheater bar.