?? about MK4 TT wheels + found a source for centercaps??

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Well I say they're chromed, they're shiny as everything so I think they're chrome but idk, did MkIV TTs come in anything else that was super shiny?

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Poodles;1561952 said:
The polished wheels are lighter...

By how many grams? Seriously?
Start sanding your whole car for weight reduction.
Its not gonna make a noticeable difference.

giterboosted;1561997 said:
Well I say they're chromed, they're shiny as everything so I think they're chrome but idk, did MkIV TTs come in anything else that was super shiny?

MKIV wheels came from the factory in a brushed aluminum finish and a polished aluminum finish (looks chrome)

-Sam

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
You dont need spacers to Run 17 inch TT Wheels I ran these things at fulllock on the drift course and nothing ever rubbed. NOW WITH MY 19's and megans the liner is about gone.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Poodles;1562094 said:
Actually, they're several pounds lighter, chrome isn't light.

As far as I know, you can't "chrome" aluminum.
You can only polish it to achieve that finish.

Correct me if im wrong

-Sam

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
well i looked up the stock wheel size...they are 235 45 17 in front and 255 40 17 in the rear..now that is what the seller ran on his set and he said he had no rubbing..are you guys using larger sizes that would contribute to the rubbing?

Chard

Oct 11, 2005
Fairfax, VA
Get spacers or adjust your bump stops. I heavily scrapped the inside of my right front tire then it ruined the tire completely. This happened at night time. Good thing I was already on a slow ramp next to a shopping center after driving on the highway. Had the car towed to my home and the very next day, checked the ds side and it too is almost ruined. Now the car is sitting on sawblades until I decide what to get.

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
oh shit freal? yea i was thinkin bout the spacers..just for the fronts? how many mm? and btw what year supra do you have..cuz im gettin mixed opinions..some people say they ran at full lock and didnt get rubbing..others say you need to..is your car lowered? cuz mines is on stock jdm suspension

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
well im gonna get the good year eagle GT. very good daily driver mix with some performace..and like i said i still feel like im at the stock 4x4 "lowered" lol i just went with the jdm bilsteins shocks and springs all around..so its not very much lowered at all.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

and also..are the TT wheel center caps available through the dealer?? ive tried contacting some toyota dealers through email..they werent pickin up their fones..none have responded back..and also approx what prices are these?? thanks

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Dude i didnt look past the first page.. you gotta get the Plastic snap in type and all those look to have a screw.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
IMG_0092..JPG

My car with MKIV TT wheels, 25mm spacers in the front, 10mm in the rear. I used hubcentric rings, and the spacers have new studs. I had to trim two stock studs on each rear wheel due to the wheel casting not sitting flush on the spacer.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
275s in the rear, 235 bargain tires in the front. fronts will get upgraded to a better 255 soon. oh ya, dropped on eibach springs with koni yellows.