A70 Torsen Axle Stubs

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Does anyone have information or pictures of the differences between the clutch LSD axle stubs and the T1 Torsen axle stubs?

I'd like to know which are longer/shorter, where the C-clip sits, etc.

Anyone?

Jeff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Well, I guess I'm not 100% sure the stubs I have are Torsen stubs, I mean they should be, but again without seeing both, I'm kind of in the dark on this... I should just look at the T1 I have and see if longer axles can fit in. I know when IS guys install our clutch diff into their housings, they need to shorten their stubs. I want to put the T1 into my IS250, but I don't want to have to cut/modify the axles at all...

Jeff

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I don't know about our cars, but I know on other cars with torsens they don't have the cross pin that the spider gears rotate on so it allows the axle to go in farther. That would at least explain having to shorten them to put the clutch type in a torsen car, other than that I can't really say.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Yeah, I just don't know about the difference between the T1 and T2 for axle clearance, from what I've heard the T1 has longer axles than the clutch type, but I don't know by how much. I know the T2 axles are about 1/8-1/4" longer than our clutch ones, so if the T1 stubs are about the same amount longer, I think I should be okay, but I just want to be somewhat sure before pulling out and disassembling the diff on a brand new car, haha.

Jeff

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Jeff I have a torsion setup that I haven't installed yet and a NA rearend laying in the garage. I could dig it out and see about measuring them if needed. I was going to sell the torsion setup as I just rebuilt my LSD with new clutches and what not. Don't need it now, I guess I should take a picture and try to sell it. What do you think I could get for it?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I actually already have a Torsen with axles here, but I already got all of the information I need, so no need to do anything else for me. :)

As for what it's worth, I paid $100.00 for the one I've got. Bought it 2 months ago I think.

Jeff