A340E guru needed

mustangmatt98

Nov 11, 2013
georgia
I've had a weird problem with my transmission since I've had the car. The transmission shifts find under normal accerlation. If I go WOT from a stop the car will not shift out of first. However as I found out last night if I take off normally until it shifts from first to second then put the pedal to the floor the trans will kick down to first and run through the gear then shift to second.

I've had the transmission out of the car while rebuilding the engine, the pan looked fine no clutch material in the bottom not a lot on the filter. Buttoned it up with a new filter and fluid.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
doesnt sound like a solenoid sounds more like you need a good tranny flush at the dealer

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Sorry to say, your problem will not be fixed until you go through your valve body and refresh it. It is a combination of the check balls, the valve body plate and sticking shift valves inside the valve body that is causing your issue. The solenoids in our cars a rarely bad.

mustangmatt98

Nov 11, 2013
georgia
Kckazdude;2007503 said:
Sorry to say, your problem will not be fixed until you go through your valve body and refresh it. It is a combination of the check balls, the valve body plate and sticking shift valves inside the valve body that is causing your issue. The solenoids in our cars a rarely bad.

I was kind of wanting to 5 speed swap it anyway. Maybe I can use this as an excuse to build up the auto instead....