A week and bhg

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Well i just recently got my new supra and started parting out my old one. Well after turning up the boost 8psi via hks sports turbo. I ran across a bhg :3d_frown:

Car didn't overheat, I actually noticed what I believe, is when the headgasket blew, the feeling was somethin like this :cry: But anyway I took a torque wrench to see what the head stubs *later i found out there where not* was torqued down to.

Well this is around about how it went,
Intake Side
1. 45
2. 40
3. 45
4. 05 or under
5. 40
6. 55
7. 60

Exhaust Side
1. 45
2. 05 or under
3. 5 or under
4. 20
5. 40
6. 5 or under
7. 40

And while i was takin the car part, there was only 3 bolts holding on the exhaust manifold. Intake manifold was loose and there was 3 gaskets between the runner and the top of the manifold.

All in all, its turned out to be pretty fun :3d_frown:

So my best guess is that the "Toyota Tech" that i got it off of, didn't re-torque the bolts down and oh i forgot a good short story. The Intake Cam Gear Cam off, while driving. :aigo:

So now where gonna see what happens tomorrow, maybe it didn't blow and was just leakin the whole time. But i'll have an idea tomorrow.

Carter, J.
ps. It may have blown from me puttin on a bigger turbo and runnin 8psi through it, but with the specs above and the intake cam coming off :nono: I wanna say it was the guy before me. But i could be wrong

-Edited-
I forgot, he claimed that it has a jdm motor and all that happy fun stuff.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Didn't think about it, he claimed he has/was floating around sf and i kinda figured that he would have already did it, and along with being a toyota tech. Just didn't register

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
seriously man you need to take the whole motor out and retorque every last bolt if thats how bad the last owner was.you dont want your rack and pinion to fall out or your ac compressor do you?:aigo:

or at least retorque every bolt you can see and reach.