A Teens mk3 build,15 years old

elisamuel467

Jun 21, 2011
MILWAUKEE
i have no idea.they came with the car.ok guys so i got the other engine in.i have alot of pictures of the proccess but sadley its in my phone and its in recovery mode.
but i wil upload them asap when i can.so i got the engine in.it soun ds great and starts right up.BUT!it wont accelerate accuratley.i hold the gas down for a little bit and then the acceleration kicks in little by little.and when it hits 2,000 rpm it turns off,help?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
elisamuel467;1753350 said:
i have no idea.they came with the car.ok guys so i got the other engine in.i have alot of pictures of the proccess but sadley its in my phone and its in recovery mode.
but i wil upload them asap when i can.so i got the engine in.it soun ds great and starts right up.BUT!it wont accelerate accuratley.i hold the gas down for a little bit and then the acceleration kicks in little by little.and when it hits 2,000 rpm it turns off,help?

Check your Timing.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Good to see you've chosen a supra for your first car, You've got a lot of learning to do and this is a great forum for that. Just be sure you get things right the first time. Don't cheap out on something or take a short cut to getting something done faster, because it will end up taking longer and take more money out of your pocket. I see you've decided to stick with the GE motor for a while, not a bad idea since you still need to get familiar with how the car drives/handles. I personally wouldn't waste the time and money on a 7mge, not enough power for how heavy these cars are. But again that's my personal opinion, I'm a turbo car freak lol. If you ever have any questions feel free to send me a PM, I'll be more than happy to help you out.
Forgot to say,, I actually like the two tone paint, unique and looks good! Fix that muffler though...

elisamuel467

Jun 21, 2011
MILWAUKEE
We are still working on the timing.afm is working fine,no check engine light,knock sensors are good.im left thinking that maybe the injectors arent working well or the timing.but the car starts right up and remains on.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
no, It might be a fuel deliver issue, Log fuel pressure when it sputters. Does is cut in and out? if you go WOT will it hit like 2500 rpm and drop than kick back on?

elisamuel467

Jun 21, 2011
MILWAUKEE
the engine on the left is the engine that ended up with a knock.and the one on the right is the engine we are putting together
i5tyl0.jpg

engine almost done
2ed8i0o.jpg

complete....yes i know i shouldve cleaned it up(the rust)but i preffer to make shure the engine works then to work on cosmetics
25gro1i.jpg

thats me:)putting the engine in
ngv79y.jpg