A Sad day in the Supra World

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What has been seen can not be unseen!!!!!!!!

In the Tasmaniansupra's defense. He put a lot of time in effort into that car. I still wouldn't drive it, but it's better than the first one posted.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I sometimes find it difficult to find words to describe the disgust I feel for cars like that.. seriously, I hope I never encounter such a thing, as my day will be ruined by shotgun vomiting and a generally horrible feeling.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Dan_Gyoba;1902690 said:
The Celica headlights were interesting. If the hood modifications were done properly, that wouldn't be bad at all.
I agree with you there. I love my pop ups, but those (at least the idea) don't look bad at all, and while they might look a bit odd with the overall scheme of the Mk3, I think they might actually look good if done a bit better.

To the OP's post, the car doesn't look poorly done in the pictures, but it certainly isn't my flavor of car. ;)

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I don't know about everyone else... but these are the ugliest ford probes I have ever seen.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I'm kind of disappointed in the hating in this thread.

Okay, the OP's find wasn't in the best taste, and the execution definitely lacked finesse, but really, I bet that most of you have at one time or another hacked something together that wasn't exactly pro level and liked it for what it was.

I also notice from sig and avatar pics that a lot of you have body kits on your cars with varying levels of other appearance modifications.

The body kit pieces on that car were in rough shape, but that happens and they weren't too outrageous to begin with. I can't say that I'm a fan of the light fixture grille insert, but I will concede that it was pretty clever, and probably looked good before it got broken. (Its biggest problem really is that it was too weak to withstand that position on the car for long.) The spoiler stilts were at least reasonably well done, and looks better than some of the park bench wings that I've seen on other cars. As for the wheels, they're definitely not lightweight performance models, but I've seen worse.

For the orange car, I think that the bodywork was quite well done. I'm not saying that I'd DO it, but it looks worlds better than some I've seen. It obviously reflects a lot of hard work, and some of the ideas I really do like, and WOULD do if I could do it well enough, and had the money to dump.

My personal preference in the case of both of these cars would have been to first invest in some performance. I know that the orange car is NA because the video showed the engine bay. I think that the red/green car is NA, because I can't see an intercooler. So given that my own NA got a 7M-GTE transplant first, I think that it's obvious where my priorities lay, though it's worth mentioning that my car was an IASCA SQ car for a couple of seasons years before it got the engine upgrade.

I can accept that this world has people whose tastes and priorities don't align with mine, and appreciate them for what they do, whether I'd do it myself or not. I'd say that a lot of us do upgrade the appearance of our cars. Just a quick scan on those commenting on how ugly these cars are, and I've seen modified lips, noses, hoods, "sleepy" headlights, and others. (87supramario's shaved mouldings are one of the more extreme, but the comment was more about $$$ and not about ugly, so I'd leave that in the neutral column.) Some of these things I'd also do, and some I would never do. Since none of these cars are my car, then it's not for me to say it was bad.

If the people who made these (ALL of these cars) cars like them, then that's all good. If they want to sell them to me, then people shouldn't be surprised when some of the modifications don't add any value to me, and some even reduce the value of the car to me.

Like I said, I'm just kind of disappointed with the hating.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
destrux;1903753 said:
I don't know about everyone else... but these are the ugliest ford probes I have ever seen.
Oh man I coulda swore it was a 240 ;)

PS: going out of my way to appreciate something I find to be absolutely atrocious.... not my style.

For the record all of my cars have been 100% OE... I do have a Trial lip sitting in my room though...

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Dan_Gyoba;1903781 said:
I'm kind of disappointed in the hating in this thread.

Okay, the OP's find wasn't in the best taste, and the execution definitely lacked finesse, but really, I bet that most of you have at one time or another hacked something together that wasn't exactly pro level and liked it for what it was.

I also notice from sig and avatar pics that a lot of you have body kits on your cars with varying levels of other appearance modifications.

The body kit pieces on that car were in rough shape, but that happens and they weren't too outrageous to begin with. I can't say that I'm a fan of the light fixture grille insert, but I will concede that it was pretty clever, and probably looked good before it got broken. (Its biggest problem really is that it was too weak to withstand that position on the car for long.) The spoiler stilts were at least reasonably well done, and looks better than some of the park bench wings that I've seen on other cars. As for the wheels, they're definitely not lightweight performance models, but I've seen worse.

For the orange car, I think that the bodywork was quite well done. I'm not saying that I'd DO it, but it looks worlds better than some I've seen. It obviously reflects a lot of hard work, and some of the ideas I really do like, and WOULD do if I could do it well enough, and had the money to dump.

My personal preference in the case of both of these cars would have been to first invest in some performance. I know that the orange car is NA because the video showed the engine bay. I think that the red/green car is NA, because I can't see an intercooler. So given that my own NA got a 7M-GTE transplant first, I think that it's obvious where my priorities lay, though it's worth mentioning that my car was an IASCA SQ car for a couple of seasons years before it got the engine upgrade.

I can accept that this world has people whose tastes and priorities don't align with mine, and appreciate them for what they do, whether I'd do it myself or not. I'd say that a lot of us do upgrade the appearance of our cars. Just a quick scan on those commenting on how ugly these cars are, and I've seen modified lips, noses, hoods, "sleepy" headlights, and others. (87supramario's shaved mouldings are one of the more extreme, but the comment was more about $$$ and not about ugly, so I'd leave that in the neutral column.) Some of these things I'd also do, and some I would never do. Since none of these cars are my car, then it's not for me to say it was bad.

If the people who made these (ALL of these cars) cars like them, then that's all good. If they want to sell them to me, then people shouldn't be surprised when some of the modifications don't add any value to me, and some even reduce the value of the car to me.

Like I said, I'm just kind of disappointed with the hating.

I completely agree. I've seen some similar avatars and some people have no room to talk. It is all about personal taste. I'm planning on repainting my 2nd Supra a nice bright lime green somewhere in the near future, because its my personal preference and I love the color, not because I'm trying to please anyone else. Who knows, maybe he bought it like that and had plans to change it... Or has another Supra that looks better and is selling that one for the obvious reason...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2