A new phase of my build. paint! no more flat black! updated 3/5/09

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
yep thats right im finally getting a real paint job!
the sup is at jerrys shop (boost lab) in davie florida where me and jerry are slowley but shurley getting everything stright and flat then proceding with Dupont Chroma base with a high-image clear.

we started stripping the car tuesday of last week and then worked for 3 straight days just doing body work (sanding, bondo, and molding the new shine auto rear bumper add ons)

p1237507_1.jpg

p1237507_2.jpg

p1237507_3.jpg

p1237507_4.jpg

p1237507_5.jpg

the proses so far;
strip down (molding, trim etc.)
180grit blocking
220 grit blocking
fixed body flaws
another 220 grit pass over
400 grit blocking
cleaned and prepped for primer
p1237507_6.jpg

so as it sits now it is ready for base/clear it is primed and the primer is blocked flat with 400 and 600 the body is nearly flawless!
so hopefully by the end of this week it will be done and i should be able to re assemble everything this weekend.

body mods-
-shaved rear wiper
-shaved antenna
-89+ 3 piece wing
-89+ tails
-89+ jdm moldings
-shine rear add ons
-3 hole front lip

other recent mods and stuff that still has to be installed,
-all rear links replaced with a-1 racing fully adjustable links
-bilstines and eibocks (sp?)
-prosport gauges
-supra sport a piller gauge pod
-grant steering wheel

anyways thought ide do a little build thread for this phase of my supras life i will update as soon as we get some color on this thing!
oh ya the color is gloss black.

Last edited:

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
pics!
we got the 1st coat of base laid today but we ran out on the 2nd! we used 2 gallons!
tomorrow or wed. the rest of the base will go on along with the clear.

p1238286_1.jpg

p1238286_2.jpg

i'm VERY happy with this paint! it looks almost like there is clear on it! the pictures don't do it justice.

Last edited:

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Looks good so far.Make sure if it sits more than 24 hours that you lightly scuff/sand before the rest of the base goes on.2 gallons seems like an awful lot for 1 coat,that's why it has such a shine too,it was obviously sprayed real wet.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
looking good! can't wait to see the finished product! i miss my flat black supra it barely needed washing lol.

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Nice paint job

This car turns out really nice with this black

Just watch out -from now on anywhere you park it , a lot of chicks will be all around your car , checking their make up using this Sup as a mirror :biglaugh:

keep up the good work

Congratulations