A Military Career and Supra ownership

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
I didn't bother to search for a thread like this because well....I didn't want to lol.

So I have enlisted in the U.S. Navy and begin my career this upcoming April. I've signed my contract for the Nuclear Power Field, and I'm very happy with my decision to join. Hopefully, despite the Nuclear Power Field being the most difficult field outside of special forces in the Navy, I'll flourish in the Navy. Are there any other Supra owners that are or have been active duty in the military? I'm super excited about the extra money I'll have when compared to how much I make now, it'll be such a better life. Is it hard to have a hobby as time consuming as the Torque Beast when managing a military career? How did any of you guy's do it?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Climate controlled storage. Unless you are going to stick it in Denver, Phoenix...or some other place without humidity. Which does not exist in your parking lot at the yards.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I agree with Nick, keep her in A/C now and enjoy her in the same condition later. Congrats on the career move.

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks for that advice, I may not have thought about how damaging the coast could be to the poor car. Luckily I'll be getting a newer car once I'm in SC at school to let my DD Supra have a break and be treated as the project car she deserves to be.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Don't party and flunk out of your schools. You would still do all your years in the Navy, but without your education and experience to sell to utility companies that buy from Babcock and Wilcox.

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Luckily I am not the party type lol. I'm 23, been working at dead end plant jobs and I'm sick of this lifestyle. I graduated from high school with honors, was in the top 2% of the nation in test scores, and got a full tuition scholarship to college. Sadly once I got there life kicked my ass and I crashed and burned in my second semester. I'm a different person now, and I know what I want out of life. I'm joining the Navy to get that life, not the have fun or to party.

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
Wildfire007;1966204 said:
Luckily I am not the party type lol. I'm 23, been working at dead end plant jobs and I'm sick of this lifestyle. I graduated from high school with honors, was in the top 2% of the nation in test scores, and got a full tuition scholarship to college. Sadly once I got there life kicked my ass and I crashed and burned in my second semester. I'm a different person now, and I know what I want out of life. I'm joining the Navy to get that life, not the have fun or to party.

Sounds pretty similar to me, minus the full ride and top 2%..
I'll be leaving for the great lakes in January, but definitely not going nuke. Aircrew instead.
I'm excited for it, just have to find a nice place for my car to stay during my long schooling. Yours will be longer, but airc is still a long journey.
Goodluck with it all!