A few runs, I saw?

the_ghost

Oct 11, 2006
Columbus, OHIO
Few weeks back:
40-120mph roll! MKIII supra 2nd gear vs LS1 STS turboed camero! Supra shoots out 4+ car lenghts but camaro overtakes around 115mph! Supra boost 18.5 psi, camaro claims 8 psi, no hp numbers given but 650 plus ft-lb torque was thrown out? Why 18.5psi on supra only in a race but when just petering around in 4th or 5th it would hit 20+psi?

Yesterday:

Neighbor with modded 08 mustang GT! Always piped supra everytime he saw it in passing whether in the neighborhood or on the street! He finally muster the courage to stop and talk yesterday while the supra was being wash. He check out the supra engine bay (looked stock) he complimented and I agreed...The mods on his stang was so long only heard the first 10 seconds of it.

He asked if the supra runs good! But it was early afternoon and opted for a spin first...After a quickie merge from an on ramp, he was so suprised at the power level (he equated it to a roller coaster feelin) and was spooked at even racing the supra. However, his buddy has an 05 cobra that he like to see run the supra, which would be great when it happens. I will let ya'll know when I envision it.

Today:
Went for a Sunday drive with an MK4 and another MK3.

79 firebird 6.6L very nice clean car, open exhaust! Easily ran away from it but supra got happy around a curve, auto x skill saved butt...Note to self never push MK3 hard around curves period...Slowed way down, nice guy but would not give up saw that his son was in the car...faked loss (60mph-75mph) on the straight away so dad could redeem himself and not be embarassed, tis fathers day!

97 TT 6spd stock, 60 mph roll. MK3, 4th gear, MK4, 3rd gear with slight jump on start (missed shift) while MK3 was just pass mid point on 4th gear! Anyways it would not have made any difference, the MK3 was too much for the stock TT.

Disclaimer: No humans were ever endangered or threaten, just visions I see when I forget my meds!

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
STS camaro's are fast, theres one that cruises around my town. Its in the range of 600 or so. Oh hey, your in columbus. Thats crazy, yeah that camaro is no joke. Its northern of 600.

smokemkevo

May 28, 2009
Sounds like some rides up there. Havent Been To Columbus Ohio but im going sep 11.

the (HIN) Hot Import Nights Car Show.