A few new things part two (suedes done, motors done new wheels coming)

nottooslow

Apr 3, 2005
arlington TX
nice car. not really diggin the dash or the orange in the engine bay, but still a very nice car.

EDIT. ive never been a fan of suede. i think its done well, just not my style.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Real nice Kyle-I must admit that I hate you because I was going to do the suede dash with orange stitching...but you pulled it off first! Just joking-the car looks really good-did the TPS trick work that I showed you?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
That is HOT!!!!!!!! I love it, the interior is fkin amazing and the two tone is beautiful!
Your car is fkin awesome!

2_TonedMKIII

Rarety
Jul 28, 2006
Orlando, Fl
nottooslow;1211186 said:
nice car. not really diggin the dash or the orange in the engine bay, but still a very nice car.

EDIT. ive never been a fan of suede. i think its done well, just not my style.

Thats cool man. To each their own. Thanks.

Poodles;1211224 said:
Suede on a dash is for function...

Nah, just looks awesome!:biglaugh:

polobai;1211857 said:
Real nice Kyle-I must admit that I hate you because I was going to do the suede dash with orange stitching...but you pulled it off first! Just joking-the car looks really good-did the TPS trick work that I showed you?

Yeah, when I saw your car at HIN i was hating you because my interior was already done but the car wasn't. As far as the TPS I just ended up using the greddy adapter for the 2j (toyota) tps. Which seems to be working fine.

rtrdpenguin;1211945 said:
Wow, that is probably the best interior I've seen in a MKIII! If you don't mind me asking, who did it? Was the original material taken off and the suede wrapped on the panels in place of it?

Thank you. And I don't mind you asking, in fact I'd like to help her out as much as possible. Her name is Barbara, and she owns Barbaras upholstry in Groveland, Florida, and her phone number is (352)429-0648. As you can see she does amazing work. Originally we had planned on using another dash (other than mine) but that dash had canyon of a crack in it and after trying to repair it we decided to use my, good condition, dash and wrap it (over the original material). Which she did in less than a week.

xxxotiknightz;1212026 said:
Love the interior. Did you use suede or alcantara?? Where did you get the rings around the guages?

I used a higher quality alcantara. The gauges were taped off and sprayed with "chrome" spray paint from discount auto to match the autometer gauges.

cruisnhard;1212050 said:
I love the interior. I want, how much and where from?

See above. And I don't know how much due to the variety of materials and different options you have. Its on a case by case basis but give her a call, she can definately work with you.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Look awesone man...

Thanks for posting the info about who did the upholstry. Luckly She / Groveland is only about 30 to 40 minutes away from me... Looks like I know who will be doing mine... ;)

Again, looks great....

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
To anyone wondering, the reason black suede on the dash is done on supercars and racecars is because of the glare and reflection off the dash and windshield.

Put a piece of white paper on your dash during a sunny day and notice the glare...

Definately something I've always wanted done, but wasn't sure i'd like the way it looked all together... after seeing this I like it :D

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Poodles;1212807 said:
To anyone wondering, the reason black suede on the dash is done on supercars and racecars is because of the glare and reflection off the dash and windshield.

Put a piece of white paper on your dash during a sunny day and notice the glare...

Definately something I've always wanted done, but wasn't sure i'd like the way it looked all together... after seeing this I like it :D

yep, nailed it right on the head here..... Mine going from blue to black when its interior time for exactly that reason... And miss Barbara here who did Kyle's gets to have fun doing mine too...